more li'l tit bits.... some quite shocking (at least i thought so)

Discussion in 'Marijuana News from The USA' started by Digit, Jul 21, 2003.

  1. NEWS FROM THE WORLD :




    3030 06/07/2003
    UNITED KINGDOM (Glasgow)
    CONSUMPTION
    THE GUARDIAN
    Glasgow has become the British heroin capital because street prices are now half of what they were in the Nineties. It is estimated that 3.1% of the Glasgow population between he ages of fifteen and fifty-four use the stuff. It is now generally smoked rather than injected, and the notion that this is less damaging to health has led to an increase in consumption.


    3026 03/07/2003
    EUROPEAN UNION -- ITALY
    CULTURE
    ANSA, 3rd,4th,5th and 6th July 2003
    A hornets' nest of vituperation has broken out over a T-shirt showing a marijuana plant, worn by pop-singer Vasco Rossi at a concert. Reactions have ranged from demands of judicial interference to denial of advertising space to 'those who promoted drugs'.


    3024 03/07/2003
    EUROPEAN UNION.
    INFORMATION FOR WIDEST POSSIBLE CIRCULATION
    FRANKFURTER ALLGEMEINE ZEITUNG
    Europol advises of the discovery of Ecstasy pills containing a dangerously high concentration of the active ingredients. They cannot be distinguished
    from the normal-dosage pills because they are of the same size and colour, as well as marked with the same symbols (VW, pound sterling, Rolex). They have been confiscated in Denmark, Belgium, Holland and the U.S., but doubtless exist and circulate in may other places, too.


    3025 03/07/2003
    EUROPEAN UNION -- UNITED KINGDOM
    POLITICS
    THE BBC
    Tory leader Ian Duncan Smith's drug-control programme, hot off the presses: half a million pounds are to be taken from the general National Health budget, places for the redemption of addicts are to pass from 2,000 to 20,000 in Britain's local communities, and forty thousand new policemen/-women are to be hired. The critics' first question: who pays?


    3032 07/07/2003
    PHILIPPINES
    POLITICS
    GO ASIA PACIFIC
    President Gloria Arroyo has proposed the construction of new prisons forthose convicted of drug-related crimes . . . which amount to seventy percent of all crimes committed in the country. Out of the population of eighty million people, two million, or 2.5%, are thought to be addicts.


    3029 07/07/2003
    U.S.A.
    STATISTICS
    THE NEW YORK TIMES
    Tests for the presence of drugs administered over the past fifteen years by many American firms have shown considerable reduction in drug use among employees. In 1988, 13.6% tested positive, against 4.4% in 2002.


    3027 03/07/2003
    COLOMBIA
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    HOOVERS
    A delegation of Dutch MPs has asked the government of President Uribe to stop herbicide spraying, which damages the environment and violates the rights of those indigenous farmers whose legitimate crops, vital to community survival, are often destroyed because they happen to be near poppy and cocaine plantations.


    3028 04/07/2003
    AFGHANISTAN
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    REUTERS
    Adam Bouloukis of the UNODC delegation to Afghanistan says that many Afghans do not understand that the heroin question is a serious one for their own country, too, and not just for the Western nations. Heroin use is on a steady upcurve, bringing with it a proportionate increase in AIDS.


    3031 05/07/2003
    COLOMBIA
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    EL ESPECTADOR
    Senator Rafael Orduz says that only 17% of the profits from coca production stay in Colombia. The other 83% flow to European and North American mafias.


    3033 08/07/2003
    THAILAND
    THE WAR ON DRUGS
    BANGKOK POST
    Among the 'results' of the government's criminalisation of addicts and addiction is a great upsurge of AIDS. Since mere possession of a syringe leads to arrest, addicts are forced by the law to share used and nearly always contaminated ones. Not sharing them has become all but impossible.
     
  2. heroin ,oxycodone ,and crystal meth have all made a big comeback in pittsburgh ,pretty much as I had expected. Actually 'oxy' and 'E' and 'K' weren't a problem here before ,but they sure as shit are now. It is much easier to score these than good marijuana.


    It's congresses fault. Every overdose is on their hands. Every killing over a deal gone sour is on their hands.


    I don't think they care.
     

Grasscity Deals Near You

Loading...

Share This Page