more light more yelds

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aaronstr829, Dec 1, 2010.

1. I am a new grower and new to this forum and I have 5 large plants 4'+ that I just put into flower 1 week ago, they are lit by 1000w lumatek ballast hood under 1 rapter hood. I was wondering if I would gain that much more yeld to add another light to or if its just a waist of time and power???

2. Dude more light always means more bud, but here is a way to increase yield w/o buying more lights. Take the hood off of the light, strip it down untill you are left with the bulb screwed into the cord set. Get a set if light hangers or just make one macgyver style. Hang that bulb vertically from the cieling by using a hook and ur light hanger attached to the cord set socket. Spread your plants apart and position the light so it hangs right in the middle of all the plants about two and a half feet from the base of them. Now all of the bottom and side branches are getting light and will produce way more. Slowly raise the light over time as needed.. If u can give ur pots or buckets a quarter turn each day so all parts are getting equal light it would be a good idea. Vertical lighting is the way to go bro (in my opinion.) I'm sure there is someone out there who would disagree but I've done both and vertical sees better yields especially if you add a couple more lights so the plants are getting 2 and 3 points of light. Good luck man!

3. damn good idea i like it alot.... gonna try it next grow:hello: