More Colorado teens smoking cannabis.

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by lightnup, Mar 8, 2013.

1. So they forcibly test students?

2. Apparently, at the schools request.

Just Love the name of the drug testing company, CONSPIRE! :devious:

3. One students name is irie haha

4. To some extent this should have been expected right after legalization. Its only natural for more people to try it now. Some will continue to smoke and a lot will not. Are American kids different the those in Portugal or Amsterdam were teen use has dropped? This is just the beginning time will tell.

This is media fear mongering at it's best, just to have a story.

5. Just another article from the media to prey on the fears of weak minded people.

The last sentence in the article basically shows how reliable this article is:

"Some new studies that have been published say the risk of a car accident increases two-fold after someone consumes pot."

Yup.

6. Why are they testing students forcefully to begin with, that's not right..
    Regardless, of course there's going to be an increase in pot use in a state that just fucking legalized it, like come one, No shit.
    But it'll die down. It'll climax then after everyone gets worn out it'll plummet, then it'll bottom out at a new average. That's how these things work..

7. We are now seeing much higher levels of thc then ever before!!!!! before the levels were... um like 100-150... now its like over 500 or 600 or even.. 700??

Okay what the fuck is this shit? even though they just started testing in the lab they know what the levels have been before? This is just fucking propaganda.. it just repeats the typical propaganda which includes:
    -It affects you're memory.
    -more kids are doing it then ever.
    -its stronger than it used to be.
    -people will get into car accidents from it.
    how ever they do fail to mention the acctual statistics of crime/deaths attributed to cannabis since admendment 64. they talk nothing about how Dui or traffic accidents have increased or decreased.
    The fact of the matter is, the rise of usage that we are seeing right now in states like colorado and washington is a direct effect of proabition. I am so sure kids are using it more right now in colorado than what they did last year. but you know what? So are middle schoolers, so are collage students, so are middle age family men/woman, and dare i say it even the elderly!!!
    The media is running out of garbage to try too sell you. it has nothing negative to use agianst cannabis exept the same crap they have been using. if they had proof of just how bag cannabis was they would rub it in the faces of every single person in the world while giving them selfs a rim job.

8. This is just government propaganda. Fuck the media.

9. I think it is a good thing. More kids smoking hopefully less kids drinking. My dad always told me in high school he'd rather me smoke pot than drink but back then I did a lot of both anyways lol.

10. Man, 'news' these days. :p

Considering drug testing is only becoming increasingly more common, especially over just the last few months since the laws relaxed, and where it is being performed more frequently, and more invasively than ever before, when even just five or ten years ago it was virtually unheard of in most schools, it's not exactly a shocker that they may start catching more kids, with more pot in their systems, than they were this same time last year. :)

11. So, you go from a 10% baseline chance to 20%? That doesn't seem very significant.

12. Co Springs is also where the cops are still doing stings to bust people selling small amounts of weed on craigslist. It's prohibitionist country down there. Strange how crossing a county line can change quite a bit these days.

13. Comments disabled hmmmmmm?

14. Of course the labs are against legalization think about it how often do they really fail methheads I mean I don't think many methheads make it that far into an interview lol.

15. it's legal so why should it matter

16. Legal or not, kids shouldn't be doing drugs.

17. Who cares

18. Parents for one. Also, cannabis users should care if they want legalization to be more than a failed experiment.