Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

More advanced accessories

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Rhythm of Life, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Well today I decided to leave this forum and head on out to TC to see what they had in store for me. I felt like a 3rd grader in a high school class room. So maybe some people here smarter than I can help me figure out the difference between an Inline ashcatcher and a regular one as well as what a chubbler is. Lets get some more technical and actually seasoned tokers threads back where they belong.

Post up about different downstems and their related drag. How each tube design effects the drag, ie bubble, beaker, or straightshot. What are the main differences between tree and dome percs. Lets get some thinking done!

2. straight obviously has the least drag. I'm not sure between the beaker and bubble, but I guess I'll figure it out when I get my 1000mL EHLE bubble in the mail.
    Tree has less drag than dome percs.

Oh, and I agree. Why are there homemade bong and bud quality threads and the like in the seasoned tokers subforum?

3. Well heres some answers. D diffused downstems(or slits) have less drag than the spiked downstems(holes) when clearing. Straightshots have the least drag followed by beaker then bubbler.

But seriously I don't know about chubblers or inline diffusers or dome and tree perc differences.

4. This thread has a lot of good info on the subject:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/seasoned-tokers/187796-official-ask-glasshead-thread.html

As for the different kinds of ashcatchers, it's pretty hard to describe, so I'll let pictures do the work for me.

Inline:
    [​IMG]

"Regular" one. This has 4 arms instead of the usual one. I'd say the pill style of these is considered "regular"

[​IMG]

Here is a chubbler. This is Toro's new style. Usually when you get just a regular chubbler, there's only 2 tubes inside. One coming from the top and one from the bottom. Toro took it a step further...

[​IMG]

As for different tubes, it's all about preference. Straight tube will clear faster than beakers/bubble bottoms, but those can hold more volume.

A tree perc is characterized with a tube coming up from the chamber, coming back down to filter in the water. Just one "arm" is usually called a question mark perc. Here's an example of a 3-arm tree style perc.

[​IMG]

A dome perc is characterized by a single tube coming up, with a "dome" around it, with several holes at the bottom. So it's still filtering through water, just in a different way.

[​IMG]

5. Wooters we got some real answers. My Fax how does the chubbler work and same question for the inline a/c. I've seen em just not in person so I have no clue on the filtration.

6. Well like I said, most chubblers only have 2 tubes in them. One coming from the top, and one from the bottom. The smoke comes in from the top, filters through the water, and the top one pulls it down into a tube. The one I linked above, the smoke comes down and filters through the diffused arms, and the other tube pulls the smoke into the tube.

As for an inline, it passes through the horizontal chamber through the tube with all the slits in it "diffusing" the smoke, as well as catching the ash.

I'm sure there's videos of both in action, but I can't find them anywhere. But that gives you a pretty good idea anyways...

7. Way cool man. Do you also happen to know what the "jacket" is on the inline and the difference between a single and double jacket?

8. Jacket? :confused: Elaborate...

9. Dude I have no clue. I've just been cruisen TC and learning all kinds of shit over there. I couldn't find a terminology thread over there and there wasn't really a help thread so I'm just transfering their words over here. In reference to a picture of a inline some guy asked

"nice tube man, alwaus a fan of HOPS[the maker of the inline] style. any one able to compare the rip between a single jacketed and a double jacketed inline?"

So here I am trying to figure out what that crap is. The posters over their seem cool if you know your shit but if you don't they will bash all over you. Hence why I am saying this here.

10. Ohhh. Ok I know what you're talking about now. Notice in the one I posted, there is only a single diffused "tube" in it. A double jacketed would be another tube around the first one, diffused as well. Usually one has the slits on the bottom, while the other has the slits on the top, to provide for maximum diffusion and filtration.

11. that has to be some of the most impressive-nah thats the baddest ass glass Ive seen...I even noticed the cameo by the little roor piece!

12. Hell yeah. Now it makes sense. Do any of those pieces you posted happen to be yours? And have you ever hit an inline or chubbler? What are your thoughts on the topic.

13. Sadly no, those are all from Tokecity. And I've never hit an inline or chubbler. I used to have a an a/c identical to that green one, mine was blue. If I ever get around to getting my perc fixed, I'm gonna invest in an inline. Those, in my opinion, look like they would do the most filtration/diffusion wise. I have no idea about drag on either. Mine added some, but I have nothing to compare it to, so I dunno if it was a lot or a little.

14. inlines rock. my friend has one that we use regularly, and it does a great job filtering. they guard against splash back better than the pill bottle style. if you go looking for one, make sure its on the lighter side, cause my friends inline is heavy and can tip some tubes.

15. That's how mine met it's demise. :(

16. Thanks guys for the input. You guys posting up information and experiences like that are what truelly makes this a Seasoned Tokers forum.

17. [​IMG]

yeah this baby tips my 18" worked beaker roor so its pretty heavy. only my 24" toro and debauch's 24" roor perc can hold it right now.

18. nice inline bic, love those nug jars/ice holders. by the way this is macdevtoka from TC:wave: