Morals: do they come from God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Entropywins, May 3, 2011.

1. I think morals are a result of the evolutionary imperative to be able to empathize with others and put yourself in their shoes. Empathy is the foundation for morals and... I lost my thought.

2. If you don't understand it, don't pretend you understand it. just stay true to YOU

3. #23 ArgoSG, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    It depends on what they believe. Do they believe that certain iron age texts contain the final revealed truth from the creator of the universe, and that their ultimate goal in life as a follower of this creator is to kill or convert everyone who doesn't believe this? It wouldn't just be moral to discriminate against someone like this, it would be a moral duty to make sure these people have as little impact on society as possible using any means necessary.

For those of you with the patience to watch a long debate on this topic, here's a recent debate on the matter with basically the exact same topic as the title of this thread:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqaHXKLRKzg[/ame]

4. I just don't see how praying or having faith can help a situation. At least mentally though.