morality of 24 year old dating a 18-19 year old?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Sunny Jim, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sup blades...

I'm a 24 year old college student and I just met this really awesome girl at the school paper where I intern. She is super friendly, warm, very smart and also very attractive. The only problem is that she is 18-19 years old. Now granted, this would not give many guys pause. But a five year age gap, especially when it bridges being a teenager to an adult (not that I'm the image of maturity), is not insignificant. I know she's legal and so forth, but there is still a corner of my mind that questions the age difference.

I'm definitely gonna do what I'm gonna do, but I just wanted to take some opinions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  2. It's not bad, but I'd watch out for signs of immaturity. I've noticed that a lot of 18-19 year old girls have no idea what's going on with their lives, no idea how to deal with their feelings, and are very impulsive. Salute to you, soldier.

• Like Like x 4
  3. My ex boyfriend was 24 and I broke up with him because I thought he was boring and got too attached. He Kept on talking about marriage and having babies and it grossed me out.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haha There's NO danger of that...I find babies pretty gross too. And also terrifying.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lmfao

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  6. don't get me wrong, babies are cute to look at and stuff but ew me being a "mommy" and getting married Gag me with a dick

• Like Like x 5
  7. Do you dude, just don't be surprised if she acts like a highschooler

• Like Like x 3
  8. Lol kids are awsome not yucky

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 1
  9. What I noticed with this is most of these younger girls just wanna party and drink. If your up for that then go for it I seen alot of my coworkers do this try make a life with em but never works

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 3
  10. I'm your man

11. For real though, are you just looking to slam ass or you trying to get attached?

I'll say this though - you'd definitely be in a position of power. She'll likely try anything you ask and then you could send her off into the world a little better off than you found her (hopefully)

12. No issues with age gap but that girl is gonna be annoying/immature af. I can't tolerate most young chicks.

13. I can't stand most young people. Everytime I find an exception I'm let down as I learn more of their lack of character.
    All my friends are like 28 or older.

Expect my girlfriend she's 18. And I'm 19.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Not to be a dick, but that last sentence really invalidates your whole argument

• Like Like x 2

15. How? We are very similar and both don't have many friends our age. Please tell me how my anecdotal argument is wrong.

My argument is that I don't like people my age. Except the one exception I told you about. Please tell me about my life now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't know anything about your life homeboy but you just said you hate young people and then proceeded to say that you're 19 years old... That's ironic and you sound like a dipshit trying to be smart. Just sayin'.

17. You don't know me then shut up. I'm a young person. I don't like most other young people I meet. Why do you hae to. Comment on That? I don't like you and I don't care how old you are.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Lmao, I hope I never have to meet you, kid. You're the type of person I'd kick out of a party

• Like Like x 1
  19. Some people might find it odd, but whether or not it is moral, I think there's nothing immoral about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.