moonrat's *Official* Recipe Thread

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by mrs. illadelphin, Feb 4, 2012.

1. I've posted a lot of these on my personal blog but never here. I'm going to add them journal style in this tread from now on, starting with the old ones from my personal archives first.

[​IMG]

Mini Strawberry Cheesecakes Yield-10/12

For the crust:
    1 1/2 cups graham cracker (from about 10-12 cookies)
    3 tablespoons granulated sugar
    1/4 teaspoon course salt
    6 tablespoons unsalted butter (I used salted!)

For the filling:
    1 package cream cheese (8oz.) at room temperature
    1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup cold heavy cream
    6 tablespoons

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line 10 standard muffin cups with cupcake liners. In a food processor, pulse together the graham crackers and granulated sugar. Now add the salt & butter and pulse until combined. Divide crumb mixture among cupcake liners, firmly pressing into bottoms and up the sides. Baked until crusts are browned and fragrant, about 10-12 minutes. Let cool completely in a pan on a wire wrack at room temperature.

In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese on high until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the confectioner’s sugar & vanilla extract and beat until smooth. In another medium bowl, with clean beaters, beat the heavy cream on high until stiff peaks form, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gently fold the whipped cream into the strawberry cream cheese mixture 1/3 at a time. Then carefully fold in the cut up strawberries. Divide mixture among the cooled crusts and refrigerate until set, 1 hour or up to overnight. To serve, top with whole or sliced strawberry.

2. #3 mrs. illadelphin, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
    [​IMG]

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
    18 ounces meat loaf mix or 6 ounces each lean ground beef, lean ground veal, and lean ground pork
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1/3 cup coarsely chopped carrot
    1/3 cup coarsely chopped celery
    3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
    1/2 cup red wine
    2 14 1/2-ounce cans diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil, and olive oil in juice
    1/3 cup half and half
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
    1 pound spaghetti
    Grated Parmesan cheese
    print a shopping list for this recipe

Directions:

Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add meat, onion, carrot, celery, and garlic; sauté until meat begins to brown, about 8 minutes. Add wine and cook until wine evaporates, stirring often, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juices, half and half, and oregano. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened, about 25 minutes. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
    Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite. Drain and divide among 4 plates. Spoon sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
    add your own note

Adapted from:

Quick Ragù Bolognese Recipe at Epicurious.com

3. Badass, i forsee good things to come!

4. YUM.. I like to cook when I'm high especially, I'll be checking back here :wave:

5. I'm going to try making the mini cheese cakes
    those sound awesome

Do you cook with cannabis a lot moonratus?​

6. I have not recently but in the past I would make like a pound of cannabutter and use it consistently in recipes for different desserts to see which it was best, and I always come back around to chocolate/brownies for masking the taste (because regardless of which grade cannabis is not great tasting hehe) but making it in butter/larger quantities gives a lot of versatility you can save it/use as needed.

7. Sub'd!

Need to make good food when I'm home.

Mmmm your sig looks delicious.

8. grr I am just going to upload the photos here so maybe the links won't mess up and ruin my photos heh

Monstrously Huge Cinnamon Rolls

Serves: 16

Ingredients:

2 (8 ounce) envelopes dry yeast
    ½ cup warm water
    1⁄3; cup sugar
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup milk , scalded and cooled to 110 degrees
    1⁄3; cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs , beaten
    4 -5 cups flour
    ½ cup butter
    1 cup brown sugar , firmly packed
    ½ cup granulated sugar
    2 tablespoons cinnamon
    optionalnuts, raisins, craisins or chocolate chips
    8 ounces cream cheese , softened
    ½ cup margarine , softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    3 cups confectioners' sugar
    1 tablespoon milk
    1 cup brown sugar , divided
    ½ cup butter , divided

Directions:

Dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 1/3 cup sugar, salt, milk, oil and eggs. Gradually add flour to make medium - stiff dough. Knead well on lightly-floured surface and turn into greased bowl. Let rise in warm place until double in size. Roll out dough to make 8 x 20 rectangle. Brush with 1/2 melted butter. Mix brown sugar, granulated sugar and cinnamon (add optional items here) and sprinkle over dough. On long side, start rolling into a tight log. Make sure the curl is tight and well packed. Slice into rolls - approx 32. In 12 x 15 pan and 11 x 13 casserole, melt 1/4 c butter. Brush butter along all the sides and corners. Sprinkle another 1/2 cup of brown sugar in each. Place the roll slices in the pan/casserole. Place in warm place to rise. When the rolls are approximately double the size, heat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20 minutes until tops are lightly browned. While baking, make cream cheese icing by beating together the 8 ounces cream cheese and softened 1/4 cup margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 3 cups confectioners' sugar and 1 - 2 tablespoon milk (if it seems too thick, add milk to thin).

When the rolls come out of the oven, turn the pan/ casserole onto serving platter or large plate. Drizzle with cream cheese icing.

9. The Best Carrot Cake...you've ever had...seriously...

recipe is being currently perfected and will be posted later :D

10. are you a chef? or just naturally really good at cooking?​

11. [​IMG]

wannabe chef..but very flattered haha

I grew up with a single parent, being just the 2 of us me and mom rarely ever cooked and often we submitted to takeout menus/restaurants on a nightly basis. when I moved away for college I was fascinated with developing a relationship with my food and not just eating it. I started watching cooking shows, videos, whatever. since then I have had a few classes and a couple years of experience. I have a lot of recipes now, because I seem to cook often and it's something now that's fun for me. I don't know if I could do it as a profession but it's a hobby and it also usually tastes great and brings people together so what's not to love? :D

I also recommend magazines too...I like Eating Well and Bon Appetit magazine. Lots of creative recipes, usually always clear and concise, and the best part is usually they include calorie info/serving sizes and stuff which can be hard to calculate in a dish with several ingredients. I think I am in the process of making a cook book, this is kind of my introduction to see how well I can communicate recipes and how well I can make things now that I've made several times before (although believe me I've made something hundreds of times and 101st it comes out differently even if I did everything the exact same) but all this typing really made me hungry omg

:confused:

12. Mini Taco Boats

adapted recipe from: rebekillah: Mini Taco Bowls

I changed it a bit, but this is super simple.
    The idea is good, folding it and putting the tortilla in muffin tins/baking it adds crunch, good texture for something simple such as tacos. These are perfect for a small meal with spanish rice, I am making it today with vigo :D

13. I posted this before and it disappeared :cry:

14. another hand written recipe...excuse the chicken scratch :cool: