Mood swings in a relationship.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by REIS, Jan 30, 2013.

1. So were laying there fine. She's looking at me with those beautiful eyes of hers and then I look at my phone. Just a buddy of mine talking about a zip

and then BAM, she gets pissed
    lays there. Im laying with her asking whats wrong and all. She just keeps saying I dont understand..
    goes on for a bit and I get fed up. I go downstairs to watch t.v.

She comes down all pissy five or ten min later saying how I never try. I don't care, and how I don't chase her. It's always her commin after me. I still try and ask what is going on, I can tell this is a mood swing because she was literally fine, in an amazing mood right before. She busts upstairs. I say fuck it, wait a min or two and then go upstairs to calm her down. Well while I'm upstairs she leaves gets in her car, and I'm like well if this is how its gonna be. … I just stay upstairs...

She comes back in and says it's over??? I'm like wtf??? but she wont leave she's just sitting there crying. I ask whats wrong and she says she wants to talk about it in the car.

So I follow her out and she just starts screaming, I get a little upset and we go back and forth for a min. I see my neighbors are out and so I just hightail it out of there. I go to the park, and when I come back I see she is stilll at my house. I can't get in the back door so I go around to the front. She follows me in and when I say gtfo she doesnt so I say ima call the cops. . She leaves and now im sitten here wondering wtf is goin on. I don't want to loose her cause I just lost my job and idk, just things arnt all that well in my life right now. Not where I want them to be anyhow...

I'm not even exaggerating, guys I just need to let this shit out.. cuz the only people I know to go to our ex's and that always just makes the problem 10x worse. So what up blades?

Ohh yeah, idk if this changes shit but I know that its that time of the month, but that is NO excuse.. maybe im an ass tho, idk I'm manic depressive and right now im at the bottom end of the spectrum really tryin to get out.

2. Women :laughing: never fucking fails. Is she on the rag? May have something to do with her mood swings and getting pissy over nothing. Get her some Ice cream or chocolate and she'll be fine

I see she is on the rag... So, chocolate or ice cream. Never fails dude.

3. I know the feelin' bro, wish I could help because it's a shitty feeling. I too have manic depression and it can tend to get in the way of my relationship sometimes. Keep your head up though :(

4. She goes home and is ok. I don't get it. I should of gave her ice cream. haha I'll remember that one.

But yeah, Its just like.. with all the problems in our lives your gonna do this shit? it makes me weary that she won't be able to handle things if life gets rough ever. I know i can.

5. I think you guys were both at fault, she clearly needed to chill the fuck out. Getting bitchy like that, nope...don't deal with it, good to walk away like you did. She started it for sure.

Now the one thing I see being a problem on your side is telling her to leave or you would call the cops. Idk if that's a fairly normal thing said, but I know my gf (of 4yrs lol) would leave me if I said that.

Maybe a talk to cool things down a bit, find a happy medium as far as apologies are concerned imo :smoke:

Good luck with everything man!!! :bongin:

6. dam it seems like you're going through a lot of trouble. is it worth it?

7. #7 *guest, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013

How old is she? Sounds like she's still pretty young and probably hasn't really figured out how to maintain a relationship yet.

This relationship will never work if she can't calmly discuss her feelings with you rather than throwing a tantrum to try to get what she wants, especially when part of that is expecting you to magically be able to figure out exactly what she wants.

As far as why she freaked out initially, it sounds like she wants more attention from you. Whether that's because you're not giving her enough attention as is or because she's just really fucking needy, I'm not sure.

I guess since you want to stay with her, your only real move here is to calmly explain that none of the problems in your relationship will be solved if she can't just open up to you about what the problem is without getting upset.
    Ask her what her feelings are, why she felt upset about the other night. If her answer is that she's feeling neglected or what not, maybe try to set up weekly kinda "date nights" where you guys can spend quality time together without texting on your phones or whatnot.

On the other hand, if you try to have that calm discussion with her and she freaks out again, then maybe you should consider finding a woman who can handle these things like an adult.

8. Great advice. Hit the nail on the head!

And I shouldn't of said that, it was a bit irrational. I HATE the police, but damn.. I just was pissed.

9. Oldest problem with women there is............Guess what im thinking or im fuckin pissed.
    I will just tell you what the hell im thinkin or what i want, I dont know what women get out of this but they must love it because my wife does the same shit all the time, walkin on eggshells and shit just sucks ass. I would just call her and tell her tou are having a hard time right now and youre sorry for not thinking of her more. You got problems right now and the last thing you need is a shit sandwich, but havin a woman means eating quite a few shit sandwiches until you figure her out. Hope this helps, sound depressing but its the truth IMO

10. Haha nah man. I knew what I was gettin into. your line about the shit sandwiches made me laugh.

11. Why should he call and apologize to her when she refused to even explain what he did "wrong"?

If OP calls and apologizes, all she's going to learn is that these kind of tantrums are a great way to get what she wants.

I don't see why anyone would want to remain in a relationship like that.

12. This is what I was thinking. That shit sounds stressful as fuck, and over what?

13. I can't sustain a relationship like it. I just got fucked over in my last one, and I know she is different so I let alot slide. That and the fact that I'm no angel.

A friend just overdosed today and fuck, its been a crazy couple of years. I don't want to pity party but thanks guys. Letting it out to yall helps tremendously.

Sometimes life moves so quickly, things happen before you can even react properly.

14. To me it sounds like she was really enjoying the simple time you guys were having laying down with each other and cuddling. Then, in a sense, you were taken away from that when you went to look at your phone and reply, or not reply, i cant remember. Sounds like she just wanted you to both enjoy each others company without any distractions. Sometimes technology and how instant everything is (texting for example) can cause more harm than good. Dont listen to me tho, Ive never been able to have a girl stay with me for more than 2 months, so I dont know what to tell ya. Good luck.

15. Totally, but a much better reaction would have been her saying something like "I'm really enjoying just laying here together, would you mind ignoring your phone for a while?" instead of royally freaking the fuck out while refusing to tell him what's wrong. :p

Those are issues that she's going to need to solve if she ever wants a healthy relationship.

16. She's a crazy bitch bro, drop her. I'm sorry if you love her and stuff but anybody who makes a public scene over a text is a fucking psycho. Remember this as well, things will not get better... Cut your losses now and just start hanging out with cooler/calmer chicks.

17. haha, i don't know it was the text man.