Month Old Sick Plants

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TonyTheTummy, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Hi all,
    I have 4 plants that have had blotchy leaves and some brown/yellow spots on a few of the leaves.  Overall, their health was decent so I didn't think anything of it.
    SOIL:  FFOF/FFLW mixed 50/50
    NUTES: 1/2 tspn of Tiger Bloom in a gallon - fed for the first time a week ago when I switched to 12/12 light schedule
    LIGHT: 500w MH
    TEMPS: 75-80 with lights on - 69 with lights off
    HUM: 48-53%

Here's my issue.  The lower leaves on all of the plants have turned yellow and they died and fell off completely on one plant.
    I assume it's a N deficiency, but I had just started with the nutes when I noticed the yellowing leaves.  It didn't fix the problem. 
    Should I add some Grow Big to my water, as it is higher in N than Tiger Bloom?

I could upload pics, but I don't think it would help much.  the lower leaves are yellowing and dying.  The middle leaves have brown and yellow circle dots and the new leaves are beautiful green.

We tested the tap water at my house and it was kind of high - 7.5 ph.  I assume this could cause lock out and I should flush with 6.5 ph water?
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance, blades!

2. #2 noizviolation, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    keep using your bloom for flowering like snoop says fuck the leaves you're growing flowers now!

The yellow dying ones is good and natural, they have been there since the dawn of time and are done their life cycle.

The blotches could be anything without photo id

Don't add extra N now she doesn't need it and would only make your end product less desired.

Let your tap water sit for 48 hours and check ph, my bet is neutral or 7, feed and or flush with that, if you feel you need to flush.

Good luck.

3. The pH is to high for soil, ideally it should be around 6.2. That high will cause problems, get some pH down(phosphoric acid works a treat) and remember to test the pH after the nutrients have been added....