Month long toke break..

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Disconnect, Jun 6, 2010.

1. I guess I consider myself a true stoner. I smoke (well, smoked) daily, take good care of my bowl, etc etc, but there's only one problem. I fucking have to quit!!

So here's the deal... I plan on joining the Navy at the end of the summer, and I really want and need to get in great shape, so I decided I'm gonna start slow and go for a month break (until the 4th of July, figured that would be a good date). I don't rely on MJ, but just like you I love toking haha. My last day smoking was Friday, so I have a ways to go still, but I need some suggestions...to those of you who have taken a break, how do you stay motivated to NOT smoke? MJ helps me a lot when I'm stressed, and isn't too harsh on my lungs, which is why I like it. (fuck cigs) and 'cus it gets you high, DUH.

About my bowl - should I go all out and smash it (it cost me 20 dollars at a headshop, but its my baby and I have a lot of memories with that thing, yeah I know how stupid that sounds) or should I stash it away, or even pass it down to someone I know will care for it well, as I did.

+Disconnect+

2. Stash it away when you come back from the navy and clean it before.Or at least give it to someone why smash it lol.

3. Lots of people have to stop toking for a while due to work.It being the navy doesnt make any difference other than understand you are then subject to the military code of justice which carries much more severe penelties for stoners.

If the navy is something you want to do the stopping toking wont bother you , depends what you want more.The navy doesnt look kindly on stoners either , if the navy wanted you to toke it would issue bongs :)
    Dont even joke about it or talk about it if you want to get ahead in the military.There will be lots of port calls with some of the best weed and hash , toking any will guarentee the duration of your enlistment is time wasted..literally.

4. keep it dude i have tried multiple times to sell my first piece .was bout to break mine the other day but said fuck that

5. I can tell you from personal experience DO NOT smash it when u got back to tokin you will regret it. I did it to a bowl I had for a long time and then when I went back to tokin I missed it. Just stash it or give it to a friend.

6. Im set on joining the air force, so I gather all this is relevant to that too :-/ damn

7. stash the piece. I'm currently on a break and the only way i can get my mind off toking is to exercise a lot. its good for you too, somewhat repairs the damage done by smoking haha

8. I've only successfully take one month long break in my smoking career and I just let my buddy hold on to my bong and smoked the rest of my stash so I wasn't tempted. You just have to resist buying more and toking socially, which I know is much easier said then done. Best of luck to you :D.

9. Im afraid so , the military also rarely ever gives more than 2 weeks leave at any one time as well so getting clean again isnt an option.Something to understand is there are a lot of people in the military in positions of authority that can and will make a recruits life miserable if they even suspect.
    To be caught is equal to losing rank if there was any earned , it will also slow down any progress in that direction and severely limit promotion which in turn means you never see a pay raise.
    Along with reduction in rank they will fine a person a month or twos pay , all of it , and so you dont worry about the lack of money they restrict you to base for 45 days and give you extra duty to keep your mind off the girls in town.

The military does not use the same judicial system as here in civilian life,your ass belongs to them and it can be a good thing if one is intent on a successful career or it can be the longest 4 years of your life.Getting seperated from the military under anything less than honourable conditions is unacceptable when returning to civilian life.Its worth considering long and hard , it will make you or totally trash you.

10. Stash the bowl safely by burying it in a secluded or safe area. It'll be your own hidden treasure for when you want it again one day, and symbolic as well for now.

11. Why the hell would you smash it? Its just kicking yourself in the balls down the road. just don't buy weed and you won't have any urge to smoke, haha.

12. You should def. just stash it away for now. DON'T SMASH IT!. You'll be so pissed off if you do, because you'll probably have nothin 2 smoke out fo when you can smoke again.. So just stash it for now and make sure it won't be caught by anyone. ;)

13. The only time I really want to smoke is if I have the ganj.

Otherwise, I just find something else to do, and exercising makes you feel great about yourself, determined, and soon you will no longer have the urge. You will still want to, but you won't make it a point to go out and smoke.

Also, stay away from your friends if and when they are toking. That's a big one.

14. I hurt my ankle longboarding, and I live longboarding.
    I needed to take a break.
    I lent it to my friend, because not only would she get to use it, but I couldn't use it even if I wanted to.
    Do the same with your bowl!

15. Give it away don't smash it. When I take long breaks I just give things away. Gave my grinder to someone that was just ending a multiple month break when I was beginning a multiple month break.

16. dam nikka that sucks i smoke erday