Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Montana questions on MMJ

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by tekeen, Oct 30, 2007.

1. I am currently helping a relative become educated on the current MMJ law here in Montana and I have learned enough to help this person out by providing the forms as well as the parameters of her rights under said laws.

The next step I am rather unsure of was going about locating a Doctor that is sympathetic to patients with chronic disease who are seeking to get a reccomendation to send to the health department.

I went to this site http://www.montanacares.org/home/ after using the search here and I need more specific information on what to ask the contact email address.

Essentially we are looking for a Doctor that understands his or her rights and is more than willing to reccomend a qualified patient after reviewing the case.

I've read that you simply have to be put into contact with another registered patient in order to be reffered to a doctor nearest your location as a matter of convenience and financial efficiency.

Obviously I am in the process of getting this person to obtain their medical records documenting her disease and conditions.

I've read on another forum that we could call up doctors offices and ask straight-forward whether or not they feel comfortably within their rights to accept a patient for review pertaining to aqquiring reccomendation for mmj.

I really dislike the idea of having to just start pulling cold calls to various practices around the state just to get this appointment set.

One more thing is what kind of cost would she be looking at for the appointment assuming we find a doctor?, I just need a ballpark figure so that we can pull the funds together for her since she is low income.

2. I can't find any listed practitioners in Montana, at least on the NORML site. Aren't there any patient support groups there that you can find?

3. Thanks for the links guys.

I am just gonna get the forms printed out and some information for whatever doctor we end up going to.

Thanks to the ill formed law in Montana we poor folk will have to essentially find a doctor through trial and error which will almost certainly be expensive.