Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Montana MMJ Laws, anyone?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Buzzedupsnowman, Aug 23, 2011.

1. #1 Buzzedupsnowman, Aug 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
    Here is what you need to know;

- I am moving to Montana by Wednesday and intend (would prefer) to provide/grow for myself.
    - I received my MMJ recommendation last week for here in Washington based on 2 years of persistant chronic back and pleuritic chest pain.
    - This was verified by my usual doctor, and an emergency room doctor who took X-rays of my chest.
    - I do intend on getting a second X-ray for my lower back while in Montana.
    - The pain is not releived by both Naproxen and Hydrocodone which instead left me nauseated and falling asleep at work.

Here is what I want to know from you guys (preferable Montanians);

- Under the new regulations passed without voter approval, does an out of state recommendation no longer provide protection for a user of medicinal cannabis?
    - If so, do any of you have any tips or help to provide me so I can get registered?
    - Do I have to be a montana state resident? As I understand all I need is proof of residency, such as a driver's liscence which I can get as soon as I arrive, and an address which I already have.
    - Have any of you done exactly what I am doing or recieved a recommendation under the new regulations before?

And most importantly;

- I spoke with my landlord and all she wants is documents and information on the law and what other landlords are doing regarding giving consent to MMJ tenants, she just wants to make sure her ass won't get roasted by either the State or the Federal government if she consents and signs the form allowing me to grow in the hosue I am renting from her.

Thanks blades!

2. #3 Nadroj, Aug 23, 2011
    Dude figure it out... dont ask a bunch of stoners haha... getting your card here is getting lamer every day... unless they change the laws back it's almost useless getting your card here... just get to know the growers like most people have... or the caregivers :cool:
    Department of Public Health & Human Services - Montana Medical Marijuana Program

-And yes i believe we still allow out of state patients... i didnt hear of that changing.
    -Go to a caregiver... pick one and do it. There arent many options since they are getting raided up the ass... and bozeman has more than 1,000 registered caregivers... that's where your moving correct?
    -of course you have to be a resident of montana haha... pretty sure you have to live here for at least a year or something.
    -my buddy moved here from missouri and got his card under the old laws... and the new laws i believe. Im going to get mine as soon as the laws change back to something better... they're cracking down here man... it's not worth it if it's just going to get decrimmed like it might be in the end.
    http://www.dphhs.mt.gov/medicalmarijuana/mmpregistryinformation.pdf

3. #4 Buzzedupsnowman, Aug 23, 2011
    It's a house which I am renting. And thanks for the link, but I've already read it. The one for Montana was taken from "Code Ann. §50-46-201(8) (2009)". It's 2 years old and they recently passed new legislation on July 1, 2011.\t

lol I know, I'm just seeing what information I can gather, hopefully from people who have done the same, before I call the department tomorrow.

4. Is it a state law that landlords sign a permission waiver? It seems like a bad idea to me since that leaves her much more open to conspiracy charges from the feds. I think turning a blind eye might be a better way to go if it's not state law. If it is, that's a fud up law.

5. My buddy grows in his apartment... or at least last time i knew he did... it's legal. Feds honestly dont come by to look at your grow... they are more concerned about busting major dispensaries... banana belt just got raided the other week.
    Stevensville medical marijuana grow operation raided

I think since this is a completely new law... we might not accept out of state patients... i would say move here... if you can start your grow asap do it... but honestly... i would just wait until we vote on this again next year... as long as we get enough people to sign the petition... which i still need to sign. I think the people of Montana will win this battle... fuck the government and fuck the feds... they need to start busting ILLEGAL drug dealers in this state... they know we still have a meth, coke, and pill problems here... the whole fucking Billings indoor football team was a COKE RING... associated with former denver broncos players. :eek:

6. Yeah, I don't reall think I want to put her through this anymore. I'll wrangle up what I could find on the subject but I think I'll just have to designate a provider.

I should probably wait till I even mess with any growing until I get a state card for MMJ too.

7. Good idea man, there are many caregivers/providers in Gallatin County... you will be able to find someone that grows... i did. Just weed here is a lil more expensive than in Washington... you will be paying 200-250/oz for sure. Next time im going to bozeman ill let you know... may be we can meet up or something haha. My guy plans on harvesting at the end of November... so i probably wont make it out there until the end of December (i love the month cure)... 200/oz, 800/qp, 1600/half lb, 3200/lb. nuff said :cool: