Monster plants 2017 thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by michganman, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Well that's good at least. I'm sure you could still sex them. I do mine different though. I start my reg seeds straight into 12/12 flowering from birth and reveg once sex is shown. You could probably clone each plant and throw those clones into flower to see which are male and which are female and trash the males.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Why are you starting them inside?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Are you talking to me or the other guy

4. Ok that explains why your plants look very happy and strong ..I'm in New York so i try to keep my grow indoors ..I will try & keeping u posted on my grow.. Any ideas I'm All ears

5. I don't do indoor. Spend the money get good lights, exhaust system, the prices In your area make it worth it. If your doing soil use the largest containers possible, never let pesticides moss dry out completely, look into automatic irrigation system. That's the extent of my indoor usefulness.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well I gave up indoors a few years ago when my daughter was born so I'm a little rusty, and I've never had to use a CFL before. I guess the first thing I would do is get rid of those and pick up at least a 600 watt. Maybe even an LED, I'm not sure how they compare these days as I'm behind the times. When I was in my prime indoors I ran 8000 watts in the flower room and 8 t5s in veg. But back then I was using synthetic nutes as well, which I would not do again. I guess if I were you I would mix my own soil mix by researching in the organic section, ditch bottled nutrients, and get better lighting.

7. Yea I was thinking about ditching these bottle junk. Idk what effect it would have on my worms in 20 gallon soil (for when I transplant my babies) soon as I learn how to make organic fertilizers I'm finish with the bottle junk but yeah i ordered some 150 watts and 300 watt Apollo's cfl's I'm just waiting they should be here any day now

• Like Like x 2
  8. All you need is the right organic dry amendments imo. Mix your soil mix a little light on the fertilizer and top dress to make up the difference. That's what I've done and it's so damn simple. I'm a big believer in top dressing the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for the advice. When u use to grow indoors (back in your prime) was the odor of your plants Ever a issue was the smell very strong ? What system did u use for air control ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm going to look into that ASAP ..

11. I had 6in fan pulling through a carbon filter venting directly out a back basement window. There wasn't much issue. As long as your room is sealed well enough you can get that negative pressure and not allow any smells to escape inside.

• Like Like x 2
  12. It's just too damn simple man. You'll throw away your ph pens, ppm meters, and have a better product imo. I hate to speak like this will work for everyone because all environmental factors are different. I use well water that comes out almost 9ph last time I tested it and I haven't made a single adjustment on anything as far as outdoors. I don't see why it would be different inside. But don't take my word for it do your own research. I don't want anyone's grow resting on my shoulders.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I'm most definitely going to take your advice it's cheaper and i would save a lot of money in the long run. I'ma built a fan system for my setup as we speak

• Like Like x 2
  14. If you want to stay cheaper I HIGHLY recommend dr earth brand dry nutrients as well the age old organics stuff is really awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Once you see beneficial fungus like this on your soil you know you're going in the right direction.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've watched some videos and I'm hearing aloe vera juice is good for your plants to feed on & for 100 percent cloning ..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes variety to variety it varies widely. I ran a eight inch 840 cfm through a twenty four inch carbon filter for an exhaust. Then ran a stand alone four foot carbon filter with a 1200cfm fan that just filter the room.

18. I see that the topic switched to fertilizers ^^ anyone has any experience with biobizz bloom and fishmix ?
    I stopped using Terra bloom before a good week, now i wanna mix those 2 fertilizers for feeding and on every 2 week add molasses. Any tips or recommendations would be nice :)

19. #120 SmokeyTheBear24, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    went to my island today like i said i was going to.

Brought back some pics.

First plant is over 7' tall. Most of her sugar leaves off the stock have 11 points. I should have got a pick of that, they are like the size of my head.

Anyways. Plant 1
    20170822_191214.jpg
    Plant 2
    Stock. As you can tell these babies were started inside.
    20170822_191609.jpg

purples all over
    20170822_191249.jpg
    Plant 3 and 4
    20170822_191343_HDR.jpg

Sorry guys but grass city just wont load my plant 2 full pic.

Hop over to my thread to see sister plant 5. Same exact plant but grown inside and LST like mad. Stands 19 inches tall atm. Crazy the difference lol

Nutrient deficiency or excess? You tell me!

• Like Like x 3