Monster plants 2017 thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by michganman, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Hi, its not "monster" but i'm happy with her for my very first grow :) she is 6 feet tall and about to flower..
    Seeded on 28.3(daily balcony, at night in house with no other extra light), i learned a lot in this year and i made a lot of mistakes. She was in plastic pot until 20.7 and i used only home dirt and some compost.
    Fertilizers: aptus all in one Pellets, terra Grow and Bloom.
    strain : serious happiness
    pic first day planted in garden:
    [​IMG]
    Today(almost one month later):
    [​IMG]
    I'm curious how big would she get if i would put her in garden from beginning.
    I plan to move it under a greenhouse in October because at night temp's will drop under 10 deg..
    Each suggestion is recommended, have a nice day growers :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Those look great man, is that rigid metal trellis over the top of those? I bet that helps keep them from toppling over from bud weight way better than the nylon trellis I use.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hey man, don't down yourself, that's a great first plant on a first grow. You should of seen the bullshit I grew when I first started. It's nice and lush, great job brotha.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Are those in 65 gallon pots?

• Like Like x 2
  5. The only suggestion I'd recommend is mixing a good soil mixes and ditch the bottled nutes. My plant sizes increased immensely when I quit feeding liquid fertilizers and concentrated on dry amendments and teas

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes it is metal. I came up with the idea last season. The actual cages that I Made are from a 100' roll of Grip-Rite cement remesh. It's cheap and works really well for this particular application. Then I made to hoops for the tops. I noticed that they were selling it at the grow store. I found it at Lowes for half of what they were selling it for. Cheers.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Now that I look at it, the cages in the photos are No-climb livestock fencing that we had left over. I'll shoot some photos of the actual Grip-Rite cement remesh cages that I made as well. Some of the top hoops are livestock field fencing and some are the Grip-Rite cement remesh. Wa trying to spend as little money as possible and use what we had laying around the property. Happy Harvesting!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Does this look like a male?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

9. Males

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I went out and did more training and trellising today and took a few more pics of some other large women I have going. IMG_20170809_132231106.jpg IMG_20170809_132205248.jpg IMG_20170809_132123469.jpg IMG_20170809_132312094_TOP.jpg IMG_20170809_132250372.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  11. Thanks :"D next year no more bottled nutes fore sure-.-" its not hard to schedule and water it, problem is in effect.. almost better to not use it... but i'm giving them because i want to "force" them in flower in some way..
    i did not know we flower in mid Aug.. is there any strain that would fit me better and photo strain only?

• Like Like x 1
  12. One of the biggest things I've had to learn is to try not to "force" my plants to do anything. Just give them what they need and nothing more. Once flowering hits I give a nice top dress and tea and watch the leaves for signs and not try to roid them up with excess feedings etc. There are a lot of good strains out there. Ive had very good luck with Skywalker og, Jesus og, northern lights, and other shorter flowering time strains.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. well i would not like to force them but our Oct at night temps drop under 10 deg :\ i will move my greenhouse on it and buy little heater ... i've got those seeds (serious happiness and gypsy widow ) for free so i was like fuck it i have to give it a try also i'm looking for around half kilo that would be enough for 1 year(of 3 plants ofc)..
    next year i will definitely try some strains that have shorter flowering time.. what do you recommend of these that you grown ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've always loved the Skywalker og

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. How do you find your way in and out of there:eek:o_O:smoking-bong: plants looking healthy man, awesome job.

• Like Like x 1
  16. It's getting really hard to water now man, I have to snake the hose all around the trellis supports and everything. Huge pain in the ass.

• Like Like x 2
  17. These are my Outdoor hydro girls. I think they are pretty big and coming along nicely for my first grow ever. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  18. Nice!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Not monster plants but I'm proud of them. I need to find spots to grow that are not so far away and have a water source, walking over an hour + with water is starting to kill me and unfortunately I got a little lazy this year. Special Queen#1 and Blue Widow.
    Screenshot_2017-08-07-20-47-44.png Screenshot_2017-08-07-20-47-59.png

• Like Like x 3
  20. She's not that big only about 6 ft tall compared to other but its the biggest girl I've grown. And the other second biggest haha. They both begun to flower already. [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 4