Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Shipwreck, Mar 12, 2013.

1. #1 Shipwreck, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2013
    Hello fellow blades, on March 19, which is one week from today comes Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate. Is anybody else planning to get this game? I've been waiting for a new Monster Hunter game for about 3 years now and I'm super excited that the day is drawing near.

For those who don't know what Monster Hunter is, its basically a game where you go out hunting huge monsters (usually online) in a team of four. The monster has no HP and it fights back to also kill youvand your teammates. After you kill the monster you "carve" random parts off of it to cfeate new weapons and armors (and sometimes items).

You are a typical hunter gatherer, nature provides everything to you to create items to help you.

The game isn't open world though, each hunt that you go on is on a specific map with usually 10+ areas to go to. You have to find the monster and basically track it when it moves to a new map.

The contrast that this game has to others is that there is no level system to the game besides your Hunter Rank which allows you to fight bigger and bigger monsters. Your level has no effect on the stats of your character. Your skill is what makes you the hunter along with your armor skills that improve your hunter in different ways, such as an ability to do more damage, or a skill that keeps your weapon sharp, or a skill that allows you to load your bow faster.

Each monster takes about 10-30 minutes to kil on average.

The game really has limitless gameplay because you can keep improving your armor sets or weapons. Even after 600 hours of Monster Hunter Tri, I still have many things to do.

The game adds 4 new weapon types and many new armors and skills.
    It adds all monsters from Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to the game.
    It added a new map called Mountain Spring.
    It added "G Rank" which means increased difficulty of monsters which means improved weapons/armors.
    It added subspecies of monsters which are variations of monsters to give different carves after killing.

Over MHTri it probably adds 2-3x the content.

I strongly suggest if you have a Wii U to buy Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w2OP5zJbX8]Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Battle Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cytqs37Kz98]Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G HD Ver. - 2 Brachydios (G-Rank) 4 players online - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5dA6wgo6P4[/ame]

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvNA-ocsiMw]Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Review - YouTube[/ame]

Just wondering if anybody else picked up this game?

So far I've had a really fun time! I expected it to be difficult but fun, its pretty polished that I can say its the best monster hunter released in America to date.

It would be really cool to be able to hunt with a fellow blade.

3. I used to be big into these games on PSP. About the only non emulated games I played on it.

I do have a Wii that I never use. Maybe I'll pick this up. If so, I'll get at you after I get some decent equipment.

4. The game is actually on the Wii U and 3DS.

Monster Hunter Tri's servers are closing April 30.

5. Damn, nevermind then. Don't see myself getting either system anytime soon. Great series of games though. Never understood why it didn't get bigger in the US.

6. Because Japan is so close set that they always had somebody else to hunt with.

While Monster Hunter was released in the US during the timeframe of FPS being really popular that it just got overshadowed.

I've been reading around from people who have never played the game before absolutely love the gameplay. It seems like it is getting bigger but I don't know if it can catch on truly.

Sad, because this game is one of the most original type of game I've ever played plus it gives me hundreds of hours of gameplay and I still am not bored yet.

7. I bought a Wii U a few days ago along with MH3(never played any of the others before,) and holy shit, this game is amazing!! So addicting, and also I'm very happy with my Wii U purchase so far (Came with ZombieU but I haven't really played much at all.)

8. I'm glad you enjoy the game, it only gets better the further you get.

I put maybe 30 hours into the game so far and just hit Hunter Rank 3 a few minutes ago.

If only more people would learn about this game and actually give it a shot.

My NNID is DaleGribble if you want to add me, I can lead you along the way.

9. #9 Sploojum, Mar 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2013
    I really wish I owned a Wii U or a 3DS solely for this game.

Looks great, I always wanted the 2nd one on PS2 but never got the chance to purchase it.

10. Damn I'm at like 32 hours and still HR1. It took me a while to understand how the game works, and I'm still learning a shitload every time I play. The depth of this game is amazing, and I'm probably going to end up spending more playing time in this game than Skyrim.

Oh also, I stopped at my moms house yesterday with my daughter and the Wii U because she's got a 128 inch projector screen. If you ever get the chance, put Monster Hunter on one of those bitches. The fights are even more exciting when they take up a whole fucking wall in your house. :smoking: :hello:

11. #11 Shipwreck, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    lmao

I got a 40" led television on amazon during black Friday for only $270.

I got it mainly for this game.

I can't imagine playing on 128" lol I bet it looks amazing

Anyways, the only way to increase your HR is to go online and complete all of the large monster quests.

You don't have to do the collecting/small monster quests ever. In previous games you mandatory had to do the bullshit boring quests to get to do the cool ones. Now, they just make you do the cool monsters to advance.

This game is actually pretty damn big now that I think of it.
    You still have the high rank and g rank.

There are also the guild quests that also start from low rank all the way to high rank to G rank.

(G rank stands for Guild rank) the guild is basically like Monster Hunter's term for "elite." The monsters are very hardm. I just got to high rank and I fought the Purple ludroth and it took me 25 minutes. So yes the difficulty will ramp up quite significantly when you reach high rank.

We need to hunt man it would be cool.

12. Love! this game so much fun. Part way through HR 4 myself

13. I just started playing Portable 3rd with my little brother.

Doing something different than I've done in the past, using a bow. Gotta say, it's a lot more fun than I imagined. My brother's using a bowgun so he just sits back and fires away. He's young so the game is a little hard for him; as a result I sometimes have to get the monsters' attention, but overall it's a bit easier having another player. My first time playing with somebody despite having played since the first one came out. It's a nice change of pace.

14. Looks like this thread is dying.
    I've loved this series since MH Freedom on PSP. Sword and shield and dual swords are perfect for any monster.

I have a lot of good memories attached to this game, back when things didn't suck so much. (adulthood) I also met my best friend from playing this game. He's a Chinese foreign exchange student. We met in 8th grade and I introduced him to the series. I taught him the basics like hunting a Rathalos/Rathian and how to cook meat. I remember coming home everyday from High School with him. We would both go to my room and play Monster Hunter for hours, as lame as that may sound. Looking back now, that was probably one of the better times in life. We both put roughly 400 hours into the first game, but ultimately got stuck on the Fatalis. But by then the second MH for PSP came out and we moved onto that. Then as we got older and graduated high school, he moved away to New York and I moved a few hours south of where I originally lived. No more Monster Hunter marathons with my best friend. =( Now I just solo everything on my 3DS while taking massive dumps. Still a pretty cool feeling.

Also, as a side note, playing this game while high + headphones is amazing. A Rathalos will scare the shit out of you.

15. Just bought this for 3ds. Bummed there isn't online for this, but it's nothing I'm not used to.

Trying to grind through the boring quests at the beginning at the moment.