Monster Cropping?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Suppa_K, Mar 24, 2010.

1. So I have two plants that are a few weeks apart in growth, one is about 3 weeks from harvest most likely the other not too far behind. I was wondering, even though the very lower branches, and other more inside areas of the plant with less developed hairs and such, could be taken for clones?

Even if the plant did grow, would it not get as big because its kind of in a flowering state, even if it was given vegetative light and time. I have heard of "Monster Cropping," but there doesnt seem to be much on it, I searched not too long back, I found some info in a thread but I was looking for a better explanation.

Basically I need to clone these plants, but they are deep in flowering so the clones are going to have hairs, ect on them.

2. You can take clones off your flowering plant. You will end up with explosive branching at the bud when it starts to revert to vegetative growth. It can take two months from the time you clone to the time they are ready to flower. About a month to start new growth, and another month to let it grow. This is stressful for the plant. Not only are you cloning (traumatic in and of itself) but you are forcing the plant to make a major hormone shift.

If the plants are stressed too much, you can get diminished yield, less vigor, and increased chances of hermaphrodites. Some strains don't respond well to trying to produce many colas. If this is the case, you can clone the flower, let it veg, then clone it in vegetative state to start a new crop. You are just taking the shoots that will blow up from the bud, and using your one supercropped plant to produce a crop of "normal" plants. This too can be stressful and lead to problems.

The only way you're going to find out how it works is to try it. Good luck!

3. I know, I just wanted to some insight if anyone else has tried this.

But I do have some pretty small undeveloped brances on both of my plants that think may make decent clones, and I am aware of all this but I have read some contradicting stuff.

The idea to grow one out for clones is a good idea if these dont work out, I dont really have anyone to get my seeds for me, and honestly I havent found barley any seeds in my weed that I buy already, not even that it that great all the time its not hard to produce sinsimelia, but even seeds I do find are usually too undeveloped.