Monster cropping Autos

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by pfarmer114, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Does it work? If you were to monster crop an Auto as it goes into flower would you notice a difference in the bushiness of the monster cropped plants or would they still grow the same size as if they were left on the main plant?
    I do realize that once an auto goes into flower you can’t force it back into veg to try to veg it for a week or two once rooted, but would the final flower weight be more or would you end up losing a lot due to the fact the “clones” would be trying to flower and root at the same time and get stressed and die?

2. Depends on strain size, vigor and how the supercropping is done.. I would supercrop a tall auto but never a short one. Also when you supercrop an auto you want to try and not break the step open, roll it between your fingers gently for a while until it starts getting soft enough to fall over in it's own without actually breaking the stem or making any open wounds

3. I realized you said "monster" cropping I think you mean supercropping.. monstercropping is reversing a plant that has went through flower and harvested back to veg so you can grow it again.. supercropping is bending a stem..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Well you could technically put it straight to flower once it Roots when it is monster cropped. But either way. I have limited auto seeds and want to maximize what I can get out of them. Of course I’m going to breed to keep some autos running but I’d still like to maximize.

5. You have a good point. I haven’t grown autos yet so do some get quite y’all before they flip themselves. Tall enough to tell they can be supercropped or do you have to guess before they flip and stretch?

6. Then that's just taking a clone off a harvested plant and forcing it back to veg.. to monster crop you just need to take the buds off, chop most stems off just leave some bottom stems with a few leaves and then that can be re grown, no cloning needed for monster cropping..

I go by strain info and growth rate to decide wether I grow untrained or use training.. I rarely use supercropping though, I usually just top 1 time and lst if it's a stretcher

• Like Like x 1
  7. [​IMG]
    Cookies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Dry Sift Box and The Clamshell

• Like Like x 1
  8. I saw that in the commercial grower thread that 918autogrower has posted. Is that an auto?

Second to Last
    Second to Last

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes Colorado cookies

10. Very nice. Hopefully I’ll be able to reach that size on mine. If you don’t mind me asking what was your;
    Light Schedule?
    What nutrient line?
    Did you top at all?
    And how many Lux were you running at the canopy?

• Like Like x 1
  11. 4-120’s
    2-288’s
    Maxibloom
    I top once
    Happy frog

12. Honestly I’ve been really debating switch to GH Nutrients. I’ve heard they’re super easy and work great. The Advanced Nutrients line just requires so much mixing to get a formula for a feeding. I should be able to get semi close to that. I plan on only topping once and I will have 4-120’s and 2-96’s for the boost in red. We shall see how it goes!!!

Second to Last
    Second to Last