Monster Bloom or Big Bud ????

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by NuNRG, Jan 13, 2009.

1. hi these products iv heard is 2 of the best bloomers in the industry

Monster Bloom = Grotek

Big Bug = Advanced Nutrients

was wonder which do u use or maybe ur thoughts of which is the better product

2. i'd wait for some1 a little more up on nutrients to answer but as far as i know, if your using them alone with no other boosters, monster bloom would be better, if yous using in combination with the rest of advanced nutrients products, then big bud. AN really suck the money out of ya by not combining all their boosters etc into 1 package :(

3. well Ive never used monster bloom, but I do use big bud. You dont need to use the whole line up of AN products(not worth it in my opinion) I use other base nutes and use big bud/overdrive during flowering and have had good results.

4. i use the 3 part GH with monster bloom carboload and a few other things and it is workin great i got a list of things to use and how much and different times and things are lookin great :)

5. yeah Im one of those guys who thinks they are mostly the same products with diff. labels(just read the labels, almost identical on items in it)...you can get good results with any additive if you maintain good conditions...but additives are not needed to get good yields.

6. i know im a noob so i thought buyin high priced plant food would make me better lol

7. #7 _Numb_, Jan 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2009
    I honestly figured you got yours from your buddy...not saying it cant make grows better, but I dont like to encourage new growers to go spend hundreds of dollars on additives cause they see others results and think they will automatically get the same because they use them too.

I try to make a point to tell them there's more to growing than throwing money into it, you cant pay someone to research for you(ok well you can...but). Experience will trump any additive in getting a better yields.

Bcherbs: what makes you different than other new growers is you have put the time into research and learning how to grow.

8. yes dude you are right i am on here and other sites every day reading and reading everything is great i had some mite problems but i have that cleared up by now i think lol littler buggers hard to tell when they are all gone but the damage was done....and thanks that makes me feel good on what u are saying about me my next grow will be even better i got some big plans once i get some clones lol all mine died i suck a clonning i guess out of 100 clones i got 1 that lived lol i know that is pretty noobish i would say lol

9. check into aerocloners...I have had great success with them. I wont say it works 100% of the time, but the only clones that have died are the ones I dont plant. They are basic to build and fairly cheap as well.

10. Well said numb,I have seen people throw money out the window,long before they have learned how to manage a simple garden,if you are doing dirt you can find every thing you need to be successful at lowes or home depot or walmart for that matter.It can be very intimidating to a new grower especially when you see some of these super gardens with climate control,fancy fans,mylar,co 2 injectors/generators,and all the expensive ferts that hydro harry told you that you had to have to be successful not to mention the lighting that he is gonna rip you off on.Oh dont forget to get that 125 dollar bulb or your plant will wilt,Not.Now dont get me wrong all of the above can increase your yield,but it will not make you sucessful,and it will not teach you how to garden.My advice is keep it clean,simple,dont over water and dont over fertilize,try to use at least a 3gallon bucket preferably 5,save the seeds from anything that is really good to smoke and you will be all right,Good Luck

11. Right, well considering NuNRG is currently growing 220 plants, i think he's gone well past all the usual things youd say to people who post about nutrients. And i'll stick by my claim. If you plan on using no other boosters, i think Monster Bloom would be better than Big Bud alone.

12. well if thats true then your prob right...I just would figure a person taking on such a big grow would know what nutes/additives he would use that is why I answered in the fashion I did.

Good luck on the grow NuNRG

13. hehe thanx for replying ...

14. Hmmmmmmm........I've been pretty happy with GH's Kool Bloom, both liquid in the beginning of flower and then powder for the last three weeks before flush. Have heard good things about Big Bud though.

15. Couldn't have said it better myself...get the basics down, dont waste money on fancy labels.

16. I use Mz_X-Bloom which is a 0-50-30. I found it worked better than overdiveand big budz. Its also a shitload cheaper.

17. That's an easy answer for me. Monster Bloom versus Big Bud? Big Bud all the way.

Honestly, all you have to do is try Big Bud to become a believer. Monster bloom doesn't have anything on the boys at AN. Advanced Nutrients just sets the bar on this one.

Monster bloom is okay, but it's no Big Bud.

18. I gotta agree with iamgrowerman, the real monster blooms come from Big Bud.

I have played around with some other products, like Monster bloom, but Big Bud just blows them all way. Everyone that asks me for advice I tell them the same thing - you gotta try AN's Big Bud. There is not one single product out there that does as much for my plants as Big Bud.

But to the question in the original post, yes, Big Bud is much better than Monster Bloom.

19. I used to use the 3 part GH with pureblend bloom, vitamax plus, liquid carboload, bud candy, blossom blasters week 1-2 monster bloom weeks 3-5 then cha ching 6-7 and flush week 8 with ok results. Now I went out and spent $2200 on AN products like 10L connoiseur A+B, bud ignitor, big bud, overdrive, voodoo juice, bud factor x, sensizym, piranha+tarantula. I'm only on day 12 of flower and I can see a big difference already. If I had to make a guess right now, I would think my yeild would go up atleast 20% from what I'm seeing right now. But its kinda too early to tell but by judging how much thicker my stems and stalks are now they look very fat compared to what they looked like with GH nutes.

20. edit: I have 30 1000W HPS lights(30 for flowering and 10 for veg 40 in total) and normally I spend around $1000 on nutes and now I'm paying more then twice the price but for large growers to spend $1200 extra for an additional 20%(low estimate) at the end of harvest its well worth the money but if your only growing for personal use like under a pound I dont think it would be worth it.