Monsanto Frankenweed

Discussion in 'Politics' started by My_hydro, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Thoughts on Monsantos GMO weed?

2. I have never tried it. But it will get you high I can tell you that

3. is this a thing existing currently, or only in the hypothetical?

• Like Like x 2
  4. i just honestly don't know why it would be necessary.. amsterdam already has plenty of nasty, nondescript high varieties that grow easily and in huge quantities for commercial production.., we already have nasty fuckin big bud...

• Like Like x 1
  5. True, buy they aren't "RoundUp ready"...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wish they could use GMO to create new camouflage varieties.
    [​IMG]

Also - if they could create plants whose leaves are covered in trichomes and resin, that would make harvesting a lot faster. You could just grow a bunch of seedlings for 4 weeks and then end up with a pound of smokable material that gets you high.. lol

Of course, the challenge is to get the cannabinoid content right. This area of pharmacology still remains a mystery.

7. No thanks. Regular weed has been working fine for us for years and it will continue to work.

Oh, and fuck Monsanto. Fuck them with a rusty spike.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's free enterprise, baby

• Like Like x 2
  9. There is no semblance of the free market in what Monsanto does. They can only be as big as they are because they pay off the government to use violence against their competitors.

• Like Like x 2
  10. [​IMG]

----------------------------------
    there's certain accidents where you may be drunk and on drugs.
    but it's going to happen weather you are or your not
    -Ricky

• Like Like x 1
  11. They need to make a weed that cannot be detected by drug tests

-Ricky

• Like Like x 2
  12. Save alot of people their jobs

-Ricky

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lol Frankenweed :laughing:

It's funny how some people have no problem smoking weed grown by organized crime, but if it's big evil Monsanto they want to take some kind of moral stand. Hey whatever, that's the great thing about weed, you can always just grow your own.

• Like Like x 3
  14. It depends on what they are altering. I'm against modifying plants just so you can use some harsh pesticides.. so if they are just trying to make a strain that is Roundup ready, fuck that. Now if they are altering it to grow faster, grow easier in a variety of climates, produce more buds, stronger buds.. fuck yeah.

• Like Like x 2
  15. we all ready go it. Its coming, its here, and its already in a dispens near you

• Like Like x 1
  16. One reason I support GMO technology is that it actually allows farmers to use less pesticides, by making plants produce their defenses, for instance. People don't realize that organic food is anything but pesticide free, it's just they use naturally occurring ones, which aren't necessarily any safer.

17. I remember hearing that there is a loophole anyway.. that a company can use non-organic pesticides and still qualify for the organic label. I'm all for altering plants to make them better in the right ways.. and upping a plant's defenses isn't all that bad. I will say that it is a slippery slope. If we up defenses, insects will most like evolve to compensate. It's an arms race with plants and insects.. so the more we do, the tougher they'll evolve. I'm ok with that because it'll be interesting.. but I really do think we should learn to just cope with it and use natural forms of pest control. It's not going to happen.. and the environment is pretty much going to shit as it is, so altering their nature is the best route.