Monsanto at it again

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by FickySiskers, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Monsanto - the Antichrist of the agricultural world.

The real problem here is that we are being fed this shit all the time, I'm sure it's not just corn either. Go to a restaurant, the supermarket, GMO crap is everywhere now...

And I don't believe they even have to state on packaging that its GMO or not either...

No end in sight folks... What is it going to take...

J

2. I just did my closing Sociology presentation about this monopolizing beast of a company.... I try to go organic and check for No GMO labeling before I buy things. It's sickening and it's everywhere. Self awareness is key that and eating clean.

3. You're right J, it is in everything. And it's not just corn. 96% (this is not a typo) of US soy production is GMO. And just like corn, soy/soy products are in almost everything you can buy in a box at your local grocery store. And it is a major constituent of most commercial baby formulas available today, for all you new parents out there. There's a new movie (2012) out about the latest independent studies on the health effects of GMO food consumption, "Genetic Roulette". A must see, IMO.

What's it going to take? I don't think there's anything we can do as the "electorate". It's painfully obvious that the corporate tools masquerading as our elected officials will be of no help. Self sufficiency is our only recourse. Grow your own!!!

4. Genetic Roulette Movie by Jeffrey Smith from captured web stream during week of free viewing.

Genetic Roulette Movie Jeffrey Smith WebStreamRip (download torrent) - TPB

geneticroulettemovie.com

-----
    When the US government ignored repeated warnings by its own scientists and allowed untested genetically modified (GM) crops into our environment and food supply, it was a gamble of unprecedented proportions. The health of all living things and all future generations were put at risk by an infant technology.

After two decades, physicians and scientists have uncovered a grave trend. The same serious health problems found in lab animals, livestock, and pets that have been fed GM foods are now on the rise in the US population. And when people and animals stop eating genetically modified organisms (GMOs), their health improves.

This seminal documentary provides compelling evidence to help explain the deteriorating health of Americans, especially among children, and offers a recipe for protecting ourselves and our future.

The main feature film Genetic Roulette is 85 minutes.
    -----

Also see his book entitled "Seeds of Deception" available on TPB:

Jeffrey M Smith - Seeds of Deception - Exposing Lies About Safet (download torrent) - TPB

5. EDUCATION!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3aei4ayCFA]GMO Foods Deadly - YouTube[/ame]

6. I tried to boycott them before I realized they owned every label at the grocery store :(

7. Billions were spent on keeping Prop215 from being passed a.k.a Keeping consumers in the dark

8. Not sure why we would true Monsanto with our foo when they gave us Agent Orange, used pregnant mothers as test experiments with depleted uranium and the list goes on. There's even accounts of bribery

9. Grow your own.

10. While "growing your own" sounds fantastic its simply not possible for the majority of the public. I love growing veggies but to actually feed my family of 5 with my garden is next to impossible. It would also be a full time job that I simply don't have time for - I work way too much, lets say 50 to 60 hours a week leaving me only here and there during the week and weekends for "free" time. I also think most just don't have the luxury of having the property to be able to do this.

Not making excuses; like I said, I love growing food as well as my cannabis and flowers, but can't grow enough to actually feed my family full time. So we end up needing to rely on others to provide for us, and these days since we end up needing to count on the market for our food we end up eating GMO food; as it is not a requirement to label GMO products. Yes, there are assorted companies that do label that their products are Non-GMO, but the ones that do use GMO plants in their products aren't required to label so we just don't know what we are buying most of the time.

We can do the best we can do, we can TRY and buy non-GMO products at the market but its damn near impossible to be totally GMO free. I bake most of the bread we eat, but is it GMO free? I don't know because my flour isn't labeled either way. If I buy a steak at the market was the beef fed with BGH? I don't know. Are my Corn Flakes made using GMO corn? I don't know because it is not a law that they need to be labeled either way! Pretty frustrating to say the least. Many products use corn syrup as a sweetener - so is this or that product that uses corn syrup GMO free?

Pretty damn unfair to us, the consumers. We are being poisoned, whether we want to be or not and there's almost nothing we can do about it. Organic food at the market is much more expensive than "regular" food; the average American family simply cannot afford to buy like this and end up getting screwed.

J

11. Can anyone answer BTW how Whole Foods doesn't get sued big time for their recent announcement? Many people saw this as a good thing, but to me, it just means they were actively lying. Their whole business model succeeded because they promised organic foods that were free of the BS they put in the grocery store foods.

Then they announced they will require GMO labeling going forward and many people praised them for this. To me though, it make me think about the fact that they are essentially admitting that they lied the whole time. How do these companies get away with starting a company based completely on a lie? They weren't organic at any point if they had GMO's in their company. How do they get away with this shit?

12. Well, we can all live among the Amish in Pennsylvania. They live outside of the world and provide all of their own food in their own supermarkets, grown by their own people. Oh and they are all 100% organic. If we can convince them to let us use the Internet to get on GC a couple times a week then I'm down!

13. Or we could just not poison the population while giving the company doing it immunity from prosecution. I know it's a progressive thought process, but seems like a good idea to not poison people.

14. money man money is power nowadays righteousness is crap and bullshit you know its like the crap they been feeding us has turn everyone into obeying animals...people see the news all the bad stuff and they are just like oh its alright we been eating it this long and we havent died yet but its more a slow weakening of the body

15. and then people wonder why bees are disappearing off of the face of this earth........

16. Prepaid phones. Buy a couple, load em up, seal them in something and hide them around the properties :)

17. May want to reconsider it. I don't think the Amish like weed. Not sure why. That's something I never understood. Why do religious people not like marijuana? It's like a magical flower sent from heaven with a million different uses and yet we have it illegal. Such nonsense.

18. I'm with you on that. Plus they are all about natural everything. With how many cures the stuff gives, you think they'd be all about it. It isn't in the bible that you can't do it so I never understood that.

Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

Sounds to me like he meant we are good to eat cannabis!