!!!monopoly - mcdonalds!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Anonymous 1ne, Oct 14, 2011.

1. I was talking to some people at my job and this girl had a brilliant idea. I know a lot of you on here eat McDonald's and I'm sure you're aware of the Monopoly promotion they have going. We all know that in order to get winning pieces you have to travel outside of your area and a lot of people either A.) Are not willing, or B.) Just simply cannot do it, whether they want to or not.

So, this is where the idea kicks in. She said either travel out of state or find someone out of state with the other pieces. Those prizes can be pretty lucrative or rewarding, so why not get together and post your pieces and if anyone has the match, boom, there you have it. The two (or three) can get together and organize the submission of the pieces for an even split.

For instance I have Park Place. I need Boardwalk to get the $1,000,000 prize. If anyone has Boardwalk, I'm more than willing to get together, somehow, and submit the pieces and split it, $500K a piece. I also, have 2 of the red pieces, Illinois Ave and some other one. Basically, let this be the place where we all post our game pieces and anything related to the McDonald's Monopoly game!

2. #2 Parable, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    You don't actually win $$$ when you turn the pieces in... You enter a drawing and if your name is picked amongst the many other names in the drawing you officially win.

Also, game pieces vary state by state.. So if you get boardwalk #1 from cali and boardwalk #1 from nevada they will be able to tell the difference.

3. Damn, that hella sucks! I thought it was an instant win when you get the pieces. Still worth a shot, though. What is there to lose?

And really? That shouldn't make any difference. They can't penalize someone for eating McDonald's in NY, then if they happen to travel out of state and have McDonald's while they're out there and win with matching pieces.

4. hella= Californian

5. lol, I'm a Midwesterner, I've always wondered where the term originated. I've heard New Yorkers use it, too.

6. To be honest, I'm sure they don't put those two pieces anywhere close to each other on the earth. And I'm sure there is some sort of catch if you do get both like Parable stated.

7. There's just something that isn't appealing to drive 2 hours to california to go to mcdonalds

8. The only time I've heard it (other than here) is that episode of South Park.:smoke:
    For the record, there's an older (and longer) thread about the same thing somewhere.

9. I mean it could work, but your also prob not the 1st person to want to try that.
    Also, i'd be willing to bet that McDonalds already thought of that, nd has rules inplace to enforce some type of limiting factor - IE Drawling ect.

10. YOU HAVE PARK PLACE!

wow thats only the most common piece to get.

derp.

lol.

11. i hated monopoly when i was a kid and i still hate it now. its fucked up how the fast food companies come up with games like these to get people to buy more of their food in hopes of wining or getting a toy with your meal if your a kid. And people wonder why we have an obesity epidemic in our country. I dont know how people can eat that crap, Everything there is fucking disgusting and gives me diarrhea...

12. That shit is such a scam. Only one of the pieces in each set is the "winning piece." 90% of them might as well say "YOU LOSE" but they don't because they want you to feel like you're making progress.

13. #13 Green feilds, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2011
    LOL they have same thing in uk check e-bay people are always trying to sell or swap pieces
    but you will find you have the common one and the rare cards are still out there no one will swap or trade rare cards as they can get the common ones at any mcds iv got a good 20 or so still in my car and the promo is over lol. Gl

Best you can expect is a free burger or drink

14. please people stop giving this thread life

every time i read the title i get hungry as fuck for Mcdonalds!!!! its agonizing!

15. Officially going to McD's for lunch today.

Thanks guys.

16. I was thinking, its probably not the fact that they hide the pieces so far apart. Ever think how many people don't give a fuck anymore and just throw their shit away? Iv only ever heard of someone winning the million like once in my whole life.

Id bet all my monies that boardwalk is in the fucking trash can somewhere.

lulz

17. Damn it this thread already exist.

18. Well damn, way to shit on my thread/idea lol. It's all good, though. And I agree, it is a shame with the toys and promotions for people who eat and sit on their ass afterwards. I definitely have been buying it more, but I decline to eat that poison and not drink water and workout, along with it. Too many fine women to be a fat boy lol.

19. They say 1 in 4 win....

fuck that ish. I have like 30 pieces and I only got one fucking medium fry :devious::smoke:

20. [quote name='"BA142"']They say 1 in 4 win....

fuck that ish. I have like 30 pieces and I only got one fucking medium fry :devious::smoke:[/quote]

You should of bought a lottery ticket. lol That's REALLY beating the odds. I've gotten the 1:4 ratio like clockwork. Although, that was only out of like 12 because I've only eaten there twice and that also includes what was on someone else's fries. I had the impresion that they pretty much just made at least one sticker on every box a winner. lol :smoke: I wish they let you open them before you pay, though. That way you could use them as coupons against your order, but instead they're really just making sure you come back again, at which point you'll spend more money (hopefully).