Monkey pipe and screens

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by final824, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Hello gc i just ordered a monkey pipe and 100 gold screens. I just got my screens today and the pipe should be coming soon. I just have a question i held my lighter up to the screen and smoke came off the screen and i dont know if this is harmful smoke can anyone tell me if new screens smoke at first or if i got ripped off. Also has anyone tried the monkey pipe if so is it any good?

2. [quote name='"final824"']Hello gc i just ordered a monkey pipe and 100 gold screens. I just got my screens today and the pipe should be coming soon. I just have a question i held my lighter up to the screen and smoke came off the screen and i dont know if this is harmful smoke can anyone tell me if new screens smoke at first or if i got ripped off. Also has anyone tried the monkey pipe if so is it any good?[/quote]

I love my monkey pipe. Great for traveling. As far as screens go... I don't use them often, for that reason. Most are pretty bad for you after they been heated. They do sell titanium screens which is probably the healthiest of them.

3. [quote name='"shibby22one"']

I love my monkey pipe. Great for traveling. As far as screens go... I don't use them often, for that reason. Most are pretty bad for you after they been heated. They do sell titanium screens which is probably the healthiest of them.[/quote]

I didn't know about screens. Everyone on the site i ordered it from said i need screens with it so i bought some.

4. i usually just use silver ones. but my mom gets the gold ones and u just burn off the gold

5. All my friends envy the monkey pipe, steel screens are probably better than the brass, as I have actually burned through a brass screen trying to hit resin out of the monkey.

6. [quote name='"psilocybinuser"']All my friends envy the monkey pipe, steel screens are probably better than the brass, as I have actually burned through a brass screen trying to hit resin out of the monkey.[/quote]

I dont know if these are gold or brass probably brass since it was like 3 bucks for 100.

7. theyre brass and they suc ive burned through em too get silverr ones

8. I got 2 monkey pipes, and love them. You can find a small jagged rock and put it in the bowl to act as a screen. Doesn't get clogged either, just don't lose it when you dump the bowl....

9. [quote name='"jmick"']I got 2 monkey pipes, and love them. You can find a small jagged rock and put it in the bowl to act as a screen. Doesn't get clogged either, just don't lose it when you dump the bowl....[/quote]

Smokin that rock jmick? These are pot forums :)

10. Actually you can burn through any screen given enough time
    I had a stainless steel screen from some kind of cooking utensil and after a while (a couple months) I noticed the smoke tasted like metal and there were a few little holes in the screen
    use a rock like that other guy said
    but drop it in boiling water for a few minutes first

11. I just got my pipe today and its sweet and so portable but im sorta pisses the screens they sold me are to big.

12. [quote name='"final824"']I just got my pipe today and its sweet and so portable but im sorta pisses the screens they sold me are to big.[/quote]

Sciccors?