Monitor on newly built pc wont display

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by Quagsire, Jan 4, 2013.

1. So after just having spent hours building my first pc the monitor does not display when I try to boot it up. Ive been trying to figure out why.

I have a few ideas as to why but im new to pcs so im not sure. My psu is 500w and my gpu requires at least 500. Any ideas? Im at work right now so I cant try anything for a while so let the ideas pile up so I can fix this!

2. Might have a DOA gpu in which case just send it back, depending on where you bought/ordered they should just send you a new one.

3. Is there a way to test for that? The fan on my gpu runs when the computer is on

4. If you also have a motherboard with on-board video, you may have to disable it in the BIOS. :smoke:

5. Ok ill have to find out how to do that.

6. plug your monitor in the mobos dvi port then it should tell you what key it is to get into the bios, thats if a image does show up from the mobos on board graphics

7. Try plugging the monitor into your motherboard, your gfx card may not be the default video output.

8. facepalm when my graphics card wasnt plugged in fully. enjoy the laughter from my fail. peace blades and thanks for the attempted help rofl....

9. No laughter, just glad it was an easy fix. :smoke:

10. 100x better then a doa or another problem