Money goes up in smoke

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by PrezidentKush, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Its hard managing money as a stoner becuz my money always goes up in smoke. I use to be good at managing my money but ever since I’ve been in the stoner life, money management is a thing of the past ... Its like I wonder how many stoners can say they actually save for a “rainy day”? versus smoking every dollar up & saying fuck it? ...

2. that's a good reason to start growing your own if you can ,,,man you can really save money ,,,mac,,

3. If you're smoking your money up, you need to make more money or smoke less one lol. Living week to week is fucked. Don't fall into the sloth irresponsible stoner stereotype, be responsible, a little self-discipline goes a long ass way. Always keep 3 months salary in the bank man, just because you feel good right now that doesn't mean you couldn't have a baseball sized tumor growing somewhere just waiting to come around the corner. Shit hits the fan for people every day out of nowhere, be ready for it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. What else should I do with my money?
    For me it's 1: food and rent 2: weed 3: booze and cigarettes 4 everything else

5. I save a good amount of every paycheck to put toward a house/my upcoming wedding. I only spend budgeted money on cannabis

6. #7 GoWithTheFlow, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    lalala

• Like Like x 1
  7. #8 BrewsnWeed666, Mar 2, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Dude wasn't spamming my bad.

• Like Like x 1
  8. If you are not already saving money, I am well aware that you are not going to begin just because I suggest that you do so, OP... In fact, I already know that even if I present an incredibly profound argument, still, you are not going to change what you are already doing. This thread is masturbation, because if having shit you do not have, is not enough reason to save, than you will instead have to have a profound experience to learn to change your ways.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. the first step is understanding you have become psychologically addicted to the substance where you actually can see that your money, as mentioned, goes up in smoke.

you know this is a problem because as you mentioned it depletes your money.. be it for rent, food, utilities..

take a break from cannabis and form a better relationship with cannabis (dont abuse it like now)
    save it for the weekend and such, taking a break will put money back in your pocket and you will notice the pattern of your consumption and how much it really affects you

that is just my two cents

• Like Like x 2
  10. Bro that was beautiful advice i just may try that .. Thanks!

11. uhh alrite ..

12. Basically, what I am saying is that if you want to change, the best way to do that is to not change at all and by not changing at all, you will eventually force yourself into a situation where you will have no choice but to change.

13. Makes perfect sense

14. #15 Lenny., Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2018
    It's advisable to have at least 6 months of living expenses saved up in case of a life emergency. After that, it is a simple matter of budgeting.

What are your monthly expenses relative to your monthly income? Do you eat out often? Do you buy necessities in bulk? Do you have roommates that you can split expenses of necessities with? I've got so many strategies that it's hard to even begin talking about.

stressing about paying for weed is not even something that occurs to me.

15. Capitalism is designed to make all your money go up in smoke. Saving is an illusion to keep the rich in power and the poor constantly struggling. As if minimum wages are livable for anyone in a developed country...

16. To build on this statement, saving is a concept that is relatively new to the workplace; in the early 1970's, women entered the work place and when women entered the work place, the average wages of a man were almost cut in half to account for a doubling of the workforce.

The idea that the powerful are going to keep us down and yadda yadda, it is definitely romantic, but it is just not the case... In almost every case of us getting fucked over, us being the people, we are doing it to ourselves and this is no different.

17. #18 Lenny., Mar 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2018
    "A penny saved is a penny earned" Ben Franklin way before the 1970s

don't be one accident or emergency away from complete financial ruin......

18. The change of lifestyle between depression era-1970's in comparison to the economy of today was the implication; people could still live moderately free lives and save money, between depression-1970's, where as today, saving takes an incredible amount of discipline for the average person, especially so when being in debt is considered common place.

I guess I should of worded my post better.

19. i didn't realize it was that hard to save. i have no formal education, i've just always spent less than i made. it's incredibly important to have an emergency fund in your life.