Money aint what it used to be. Am I right?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by tHe LoNLy StOnR, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Money. Years ago it was accumulated in physical form. Now we're working with ghost money - money you can't see or touch. Does that make the money less real?

Think about this ...

What if for example someone was to make a shitload of money like for instance Mark Zuckerberg did by him creating Facebook. And this person does not care about money so he store billions of dollars safely in his bank account. This money is beyond his sight but within his reach, the question is does that make it his money? In short his fortune is reduced to a few numbers on an ATM screen. It's as if his money doesn't exist.

Here Money is truly an illusion.

Take what you will from this and discuss pls.

2. Something like 90% of the money in my life is in cash form. It's a tricky way to live, but it's the way I like it.

3. Truly it has no value because it is not backed by precious metals. If the economy was to crash, his fortune would be useless, not to mention unattainable.

luls you think Mark makes tons of money off facebook. The reality is facebook barely goes "positive" in the stock world. It's overhead is HUUUUUUGE. Fucking advertisement and employees.

4. advertisement is the opposite of overhead.

the only overhead i would imagine on facebook is the employees, running the servers, and owning that IP group

5. I totally understand what you mean.. I think it's time i went out and bought some bling.

6. I'm not talking about advertisement on facebook, I'm talking about facebook advertising in the world.

7. facebook advertises itself?

do explain! :devious:

8. Money is the root of all evil.

post # 420

9. Billboards and whatnot. Yadig?

10. i've never seen anything, i'd figure word of mouth would be good enough for them now :rolleyes:

hm, interesting

11. Before the point of this thread is lost, can we please agree to discuss the illusionary aspect of money. How we can simultaneously have and not-have it.

12. I thought so too. I've never seen any adverts, but remember I'm speaking worldwide. They have more important places to hit up and spread the word than... South Florida. luls

[​IMG]

13. i have found weed to have the same liquidity as cash.. if not more so.

fuck money. fuck control systems.

14. Money's value is in its purchasing power. If those numbers in the bank account can buy yourself a shitload of gold and silver than you're ass is rich as fuck.

15. Thats not an advertisement for Facebook, its for that Crandon guy's page for tourism

16. How do you know? DID YOU FACEBOOK HIM?

17. *FACEPALM*

This is probably the most facepalm worthy thread in existence.

18. Of course it's no less real. It still exists in a physical sense (albeit largely somewhere else) and can still be traded for goods or services.

19. money is an inanimate object, capable of either good or evil. People are the root of all evil.

20. Yes, but people are hoarders by nature - we'll hoard anything especially if it's of percieved value.