Mom's stance on tattoos

Discussion in 'General' started by powerofnow7, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Hey dudes :smoke:
    So my mom is super against me getting another tattoo for some reason. She did allow me to get one on my shoulder which is cool but it's been a year and I REALLY WANT MORE, half sleeve for now.

She says if I get another she will not support me financially and my car is history. I'm in my 2nd year of college and 19 so clearly I'm an adult.

It's a terrible feeling bc I personally love the way they look and now I'm stuck. I get jealous seeing people with sleeves and stuff.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Idk what to do! I plan on getting personal tattoos that have meaning not some random shit. She thinks I'm too young for it... She gets so pissed whenever I try to reason with her.

If u have questions ask, it might make it easier to understand the situation :bongin:

2. As long as you are taking her money and support etc. You have to respect her wishes. Stick it out for a year or two until you move out or are financially stable on your own. You're young. Those tattoos are going to be on you forever...There really is no rush. Your relationship with your mother is far more important than being a little impatient.

Edit: When she sees that you have your life together and on track and you're a little older and wiser you can only hope she'll think the same and treasure her relationship with you more than her distaste for your artwork once you move forward with getting it done. My 2cents.

3. Yeah, just be patient dude. You're only 19, you can wait a while longer. :p

4. Do you really want a sleeve when you're trying to get a job? Most companies won't hire if you have that. And do you really think its gonna look cool when you're 60?

5. it says half sleeve.

how can people be so ignorant though.
    i mean you could be fully sleeved up, both arms and still have a balling ass job.
    its called a oxford long sleeve.

and by the time youre 60 and tatted up, who gives a fuck.
    at the time in your life you have realized not to care what others think.
    its what makes you happy.

6. This is why I love my mom.

7. id tell her to stop being a bitch.

8. I'm going to get a full sleeve. When I go look for jobs ill wear this crazy new fangled thing called a long sleeve shirt. In regards to the op until you are supporting yourself financially you are still bound by what your parents think. Just stick it out finish school and once you do tattoo yourself until you have no empty skin if you want to.

9. You guys say you don't give a fuck which is fine, but I've seen 50 year olds with several tattoos on their arms (not a sleeve) and it just looks weird. Personally, I wouldn't care what people think of it, but after seeing older gentleman with tattoos I think I would look weird with even one tattoo at that age. It's all personal preference, I guess.

10. [​IMG]
    :p

11. man, just wait till you GROW UP.

12. I'm gunna get the chemical symbol for THC over my heart.. So left pec..

But that's it.

For now.. I've been told I'll get fired if i get a tattoo but it's only because I'm so young. :/
    Not that I plan on getting sleeves or anything but I got some idears floating around

13. She's paying for all your shit so until you're paying for it stfu.

14. [​IMG]

That is kinda cool and more subtle then a leaf

15. Thats why i chose it :D

16. Just wait. Find something else to think about if you know what i mean.