Mom went through my phone

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kush Xx216, May 3, 2011.

1. Delete all texts with reference to weed right after receiving/sending them.

2. You're over complicating it. It's a simple ethical decision whether or not to peer into somebodies privacy. I think that EVERYBODY should be allowed privacy, regardless. You think that because she pays the bills she is allowed to look at his messages, and this is a valid opinion.

Two lines of thinking, neither is correct or incorrect. It is my belief that invading somebodies privacy, even to find out potentially valuable information, is still wrong.

3. Get a job ya bum

4. The correct answer

5. My mom did that like what.. 6 times? And it wasn't my fault she read them from online. It was a pleasant way to tell her all the girls I've fucked, how many times I've done shrooms and how much weed I'm currently selling.

6. the politically correct answer

It does in fact give her the right if she is paying for it, but it's a rather asshole thing to breach you're (older, assuming) kids privacy.

just pay the $10 bill every month and she doesnt have the right

7. we need to find the hole that all mothers pass by...

we need to stop and camp there for a few days.

we gotta teach EVERY mother on GC to not fuck around and other important lessons
    (which can or can not include tackling the tactical parts of a penis, possibly in and around the mouth)

WHO'S WITH ME (i get first choice of moms)

8. #48 Boombaux, May 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Actually even if he pays for the phone and it's in her house she has the right to look at it

9. Threads like this make me thankful that my Mum treats me like an adult and respects my privacy. Hard luck OP, despite you showing some naivety by leaving the texts on the phone I think it's pretty sneaky on your Mum's part.

And oh ye, I'm Scottish, so that's why I spell it Mum.:p

10. Yeah - uh....nice speculating there, but no not ALL of us have had a problem hiding weed in the past. SOME Of us had great relationships with our parents and it was no problem at all. SOME Of us were respectful enough not to smoke in our parent's home if they were against it. SOME of us moved the fuck out of our parent's home as soon as possible and weren't even living at home at age 18 or 19.

IT CAN BE DONE, you HAVE no rights if you're living with your parents, and you should learn how to deal with that in a mature manner.

11. That sucks OP. Delete your messages often.

12. dude.....i have the exact same problem!! she fuckin took my phone and wont give it back, till i stop smoking fuck that

13. hahah

14. Yes she can lmao. It's not your phone at all. You should have put security on that's an amateur move to get booked.

15. I love how teenagers always think they will magically have an awesome job and brand new house as soon as they graduate high school and turn 18. Yeah, it's harder than it seems. car paymens, car insurance, health insurance, rent/mortgage, lights, water, waste, food, drinks, clothes, phone, tv, internet, other entertainment, list goes on until you DIE.

tell your mom I said hey.

16. #56 DaCultivator, May 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
    ^^^very true, especially in this economy and even more so if you plan on attending college, the whole " I am on my own as soon as HS is over" goes out the window pretty quickly (if ur parents are good en9ugh to help you)

hahahahahaha, if that is te one part of my post you took and commented on, well then i laughh and say more power to ya! you actually reenforce the rest of my post.
    and to get technical, i even wrote I "think", barely making a big assumption when you are writing you think something
    ALSO, on you post. 1: Quality of relationship often has nothing to do with parents views on herb or snooping. 2: Did the OP or me ever say anything about smoking in our parents house? I never said or read it from what i recall. 3: The OP stated several times he was moving out ASAP and was finishing HS. I turned 19 the summer after i graduated from HS, and while I have paid rent and have not lived at home for more then 2 weeks or so after a surgery or something similar, but I still go home occasionally, and although my Mom stopped, many parents just love snooping and think it helps keep their kids safe (and if not, helps the parent sleep better). AND LASTLY, you do have some rights while you live at home. While you do give up many of them, not only before but after the age of 18, you do have some rights in your parents house, but I do not think that privacy of cell phone is one of them..lol

so, uh, yea...nice speculating but I think you either missed or misinterpreted the OP and my posting quite a bit.

17. If you have authoritarian parents you are correct. But in a healthy authoritative family that is not the correct answer.

18. I personally don't think she should go through it but, since she pays the bills for it she does have somewhat of a right to search it, even though it is technically wrong to go through your stuff with out letting you know first.

19. he pays for weed. duh.

20. If your mom pays for it she can do whatever she wants with it. Now if you pay for it she can't take it away. If she does that is illegal. You're an adult tell her that you are who you are. She can deny it as much as she wants but, as an adult she has to respect the choices you choose to make. Just like if she chooses to drink alcohol or anything like that.