Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mom has insomnia. How can I bring up Marijuana up?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xDS, May 7, 2011.

1. Don't... just give her a brownie about 8... she'll be asleep by 11 or 12.

2. Just say "Mom I know you can't sleep and I have something that I think could help."

3. weed isn't going to help her insomnia.... spoken by an insomniac

4. You must be smoking stems then :rolleyes:

5. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it won't work for others. Personally, nothing puts me to sleep better than a nice bowl at night.

6. Hell yeah. If I smoke a bowl and go to bed, I'm out in 30 seconds or less.

7. i disagree entirely. weed is the only thing thats helped me sleep deeply, consistently, and without side effects. and thats vs. a dozen or more otc, prescription, and illegal drugs.

however, if she doesnt want to smoke weed it isnt going to happen. and if she doesnt want to thats fine, dont try and force her.

8. It raises my heartrate significantly therefore making it harder for me to sleep. Everybody is different.

9. the next time you hear your mom complaining about her insomnia, say i don't want to hear you whining unless your willing to try every option to fix the problem.

10. Yah, thats it. :rolleyes:

11. Some serious answers right here for ya.

What I would do is.. hmm.. Be like exact words

Mom, I overheard your sleeping problems. I have a solution, how before you over react and shutdown what I have to tell you, I've done all the research.

Mom: what are you talking about :trollface:

son: Well, plain and simple. You gotta start smoking weed. It's scientifically PROVEN to cure insomnia. As well as Thousands of otherthings

Mom: I WILL NOT SMOKE WEED QQQ QQQQ YOU SMOKE WEED??!?!

Son: Listen, I'm trying to help you here. You're miserable. I know you are i'm your son. Marijuana has just cured Brain Cancer Tumor in a little boy. It's been disproved on killing brain cells and semen. It's been curing cancer and fighting/preventing cancer for the longest now and scientists now are releasing the information.

Mom: lets see this shit.

then you go on the google.com and show her everything i just said and then some. she will change her mind unless she's a closed mind old cunt like alot of these fucks I know who dont smoke weed.

12. do you smoke a lot of sativas? maybe a good indica is in order.

13. Yah indica could be the difference....no dispensaries round here though so I'd need to grow my own to be sure. But your right, it's defnitely the sativa thats raising my HR

14. Man, yeah, get some indica. So easy to sleep. Regs and mids are indica based usually, so, if you're not a snob, buy some regs/mids to help you sleep.

15. [quote name='"Alrex"']Cut holes in all her bras right where the nipples are[/quote]

:smoke: did the trick for my mom

16. You could always tell her about Marinol, that synthetic THC (not sure if that's considered an unmentionable here, doubt it though) that's pretty much a legitimate prescription drug.
    Knowing most moms though if they aren't on board for the first time you mention it, it will probably be a while before she considers changing her mind. My mom's cool (she's the one who encouraged me pursuing a medical rec) with my brothers and I smoking but for some reason hates talking about it.

17. make cannabutter or something of the sort she usually likes to eat only make it a special batch and cook her dinner one night, or if she drinks tea brew her a special batch. Then if she sleeps that night, she won't even have an argument.

18. marinol is synthetic thc? as in the shit they spray on k2 or w/e? no way

19. #39 Muphin, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011