Mom attempted suicide last night.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wunschshrek, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Well,

I am writing this here because I have no one else to talk to regarding this... Not one of my friends I know in person, I personally don't want them knowing.

Anyway apparently last night while my mom was taking a bath, she decided to take the razor blades out of the razor she uses to shave her leg and try to kill herself.

I don't have the entire story because I am getting it from my father, but he told me she said something along the lines of she felt so good just laying in that tub it felt like the right thing to do....

She takes 4-6 daily medications, high blood preassure, anxiety, not sure what the rest are for.

Well fast forward to this morning, after going to see her regular doctor and telling them about the events and how she feels, they told her she had to go to the hospital and psychiatrist, she took all her medication so that she could show them.

Well she left for the hospital about 45 minutes ago, I told her to call me as soon as she got there... Still waiting on that phone call....

I tried calling her about a dozen times, twice it stopped ringing and seemed like she picked up, all the others going straight to voice mail. I am hoping this is just due to bad reception in the hospital because I know you are not supposed to even have your cell phone turned on in the hospital.

But wow this is making for a horrible morning and could be a terrible holidays.

Not sure what I expect you to write, theres really nothing that can be said, I just had to tell *someone*....

Be easy GC>

2. man, I hope it all turns out ok for you all

you gotta be there for your mum and dad - be strong dude

all the best

3. Damn, thats horrible. I'm really sorry, man. There's not a whole lot I can say in this situation. It sounds like it could be caused by her medication, so hopefully they get that straightened out. Hopefully everything works out for you and your family and your holidays go well.

4. Thanks, and thank you smoke and mirrors.

Her doctor this morning asked her if we have a history of bi-polar disorder in our family. I don't think we do, but I guess she could still have it right?

Anyway thank you both.

5. I'm really sorry. I can't imagine how you feel right now. It must be such a hard thing for you to wrap your mind around. Especially this soon.

I'm sure you'll go through periods were you feel really angry with her, and rightfully so. But, just remember your mom is human and has struggles like the rest of us.

6. Maybe you can call the hospital, to check on her?

7. Excellent idea man.

I just called, she is there..

I hope she just gets the help she needs.

P.S. I love you guys, in a totally heterosexual way :cool:

8. My mom tried to take all her meds once and kill herself. She is an alcoholic and just gets mad when she drinks. She hasnt tried it again but shes still an alcoholic and it sucks. When my mom tried to kill herself I didnt even give a shit because all she used to do was drink.

It probably has nothing to do with you, it probably has something to do with something in her past that you will never understand.

9. best of luck for you and yours man

10. Wunsch, that's terrible. Your mom will definitely be in my thoughts, and I hope she gets the help that she deserves.

11. man I hope everything turns out good for you guys... suicide attempts are no joke and bi-polar should be watched super closely even if you just guess that your mom may be bi-polar you should keep a super close eye on her and try to keep things that can be used for suicide away from secretly with out her knowing that you are trying to keep them away..

I had a room mate that was bi-polar and he always threatened to commit suicide for years but I didn't take him completely serious and I knew he had a gun and I always thought about taking it one day disassembling it so it couldn't fire reassemble it and return it but I never did and he ended up killing himself with it...
    it surprised me that he actually did it, but now I regret never sabotaging his gun..
    so learn from my mistake and take extra precaution... and I hope that your mom gets better...

good luck

12. Dude, I'm really sorry about that. I hope your mom does okay. Take rigormortis' advice and secretly hide things she could use against herself. And count the pills in her pill bottles in case she tries to OD.

13. Dont worry about that shit your mom will go through enough counseling and probably wont try it again once she finds out what a selfish thing it is. They will also take away most all of the pills she can OD on or try to replace them.

14. Damn man, sorry to hear, I've had many suicides in my family, Including my Grandmother.

My own mother, like yours, attempted it, Numerous times, luckily to no avail.

Since then she's gotten the help she needs, "professionally" and from myself.

I have had those thoughts, but never took action to carry them out.

You and your fam are in my thoughts and prayers, bro.

Much love, wishin ya the best!!

Peace, panes

EDIT- oh yeah, don't hesitate to hit me up on AIM, if you need Anything man. Peace bro

15. Thanks for the support everyone.

They are taking her now from the main hospital in her area to a seperate location, not really sure whats going on as I am getting all my information second hand from my dad (I Live in NYC, they live in florida)

I am going to smoke a joint of some green crack and watch office space to get my mind off shit.

Pz out GC

16. I'm really sorry to hear that, man.

I hope everything turns out okay for you and your family.

17. My prayers are with you and your family. Keep your chin up, and know we are all here for you.

18. I hope everything turns out alright, ill be thinkin about you and your family.

19. Ahh, well man, still hoping the best of things in the world for you and your's. Anytime man, GC's here for you, and any blade. We gotta look out for eachother man.

Hope you hear more soon, all good news too!

I'm smoking for you and your mom right now bro, these buds and blunts are for you!

Office space is a damn good choice too.

Peace dood

20. Well got an update.

They moved her from the hospital to a "Behavioral Health Center", and they said they were moving her to her "unit", and once she gets there she will be able to call us.

So I guess she is getting admitted into the health center.

Well I feel atleast a little relieved.

Thanks for the help and kind words everyone through this stressful morning.

I will let everyone know how it goes.