Mom And Girlfriend Told Me I Need Psychological Help?

Discussion in 'General' started by John Lennon, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Well, I dont want to be a drama queen. Actually this is want prevents me for going to a psychologist.

My mom and my gf told me that I need psych help. According to them my mood is not stable, I had mood swings from one day to another. They say I react with violence. Im pretty sure I had some fights with them, but at least my gf has a really strong personality, so when we have an arguement shes not the girl who accepts everything.

They also say that Im unmotivated. I got fired from the best job I had in my life some months ago in unfair circunstances. Im pretty much fucked right now, no money, no job, just studying some short career because I need to.

I dont feel well, but I dont think I need a psych. You guys had any experiences with them? I dont really like to be seem as some kind of mental ill guy.

2. This is just a stressful time in your life. Going to a pyschatriast is nice actually. I go a couple times a year so I can just tell someone EVERY one of my problems. Like popping a zit.. Eventually the emotional and psychological burden that is my life just gets to much and that bitch needs to be popped.

3. Dude, if you carry your bag of shit long enough, the stink will turn you into a mentally ill person. You don't have to be crazy to talk to a psychologist or thereapist. We humans all have our problems, and it's to our benefit if we discuss these problems to a trusted source. Don't let the ringmaster in your head crack the circus whip too strongly. Counter react with talking it out. It helps. Nobody's business but yours and the therapist's. Good luck. I think everyone should have a therapist. Seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 Stride420, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    Go with your feeling. You made a logical post that looked at situations from all sides, I'm no doctor so don't take this a diagnosis but at least from your post I would say you just sound stressed out from various things and not suffering from a mental illness.

In this case a therapist would actually help but you know what else would help. If you just talk to your mom and your gf about everything that's bothering you, or just your gf whoever you're closer and feel comfortable to but not everyone can talk about what's bothering them with close ones so that's where therapist come in.

Getting it all off your chest will definitely help.

5. hey man, never hurts to have a neutral 3rd party to talk to. i say do it, you might be pleasantly surprised. i mean if you have the means for mental healthcare (which not even people with medical insurance do some of the time) I say take advantage. you will learn some coping mechanisms and other things...

You can't go wrong if you talk to a psychologist. If you don't have anyone to talk to, it really helps to get everything off your chest. What do you have to lose? 

7. I personally dont believe in talking to someone that I dont know about personal stuff, I have more the attitude of pull your finger out, man up and sort your life out. However my sister said it helped her and we are not always right in what we believe so maybe do as other blades have said and give it a go, what do you have to lose.

Good luck in what you do.

8. everyone's mentally ill in some way or another.  Just look at the morons we keep electing and believing in :laughing:

9. You may not need a doctor, you may just need to grow up.  A lot of kids don't know how to moderate their feelings when they are coming out of puberty and don't understand being violent is different when you're 16 than it was when you were 6.  You may just need to do a little introspection and discover what kind of man you are and decide what kind you want to be.  What do they mean when they say you react with violence?  Did you hit your girlfriend or your mother?