Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mom agreed but will it help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bobby82, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Ok long story short i got caught parents took me to a marijuana anonymous meeting (it licked balls) and now my mom agreed to watch marijuana a chronic history instead of the union now my question is is this a good unbiased (but help makes weed look more positive) movie?

2. Why not the union???

3. This is a good choice. It shows both sides of the story so it won't look like you are being biased to one side but it definitely has a positive spin on it. Which is awesome because the history channel usually seems to show the negative side of things IMO.

4. why do your parents have control of you? What, are you like 12 or something? You must be over 18 or you wouldn't be here so just move out and start your life.

5. Get her to watch The Union if at all possible. But I'd like to hear more about this Marijuana Anonymous Meeting :laughing:

6. It's good for people who think that weed is evil, or don't believe its medicine. Its very pro-medicine without being very pro-legalization (it has a lot of cops and anti-legalization people in it, but they don't talk a lot, and most of the stuff they say is opinion).

If your mom is completely ignorant to weed its a good start. The people that still believe that pot will make you go crazy or leads to harder drugs will benefit the most from this. It also shows weed as a legitimate business. But I don't really remember if it deals with recreational use that much.

It shows a lot of history (duh) and is good for helping to show why weed was made illegal in the first place, and why this was wrong.

That being said, there were a few times that they were interviewing people and they said some really stupid shit that pissed me off. But usually it was cops, so try and convince your mom that its their job to say stuff like that, and that they benefit directly from the war on drugs.

7. His parents don't have control of him, he just obviously respects them enough to give them power. If you're over 18, you should damn well know that it's not that easy to just move out and start your life.

Anyways, I just watched that program and I thought it was very positive towards marijuana. It'd be a great medium for your parents, hopefully.

8. Thanks everyone and im 18 just started college so movin out isnt an option yet and they have control over me cuzzz theyre paying for everything basically my car car insurance school etc. Til i can support myself...and the union is not an option cuz i said its KINDA biased but it was the only way to get her to agree to the history channel because i said i heard its not biased anndd the MA meeting really sucked like everyone there agreed they were addicted to weed and they need help quiting and the host was an ex addict who tried almost every drug and he said it strted with weed and there was another ex addict now him u can tell he was cuz he had the missing teeth etc. Rambled on blah blah and he said it started with weed too and im like you sure u werent drinking and smoking cigarettes too? But i didnt say that cuz there was no point theyll just shoot u down with "i got shoes older than you" or "research? I LIVED it" so yea it was alllll bull and there were some kids who said it took over their life but yeaa so tomorrow me my mom and dad are watching the history channel so wish me luck in opening their eyes

9. Wow you commute. Congrats on failing to leave the nest.

10. Is it that bad to live with your parents at age 18?

11. I guess you must have a very happy family.

12. If my parents wanted to pay for all of my stuff, I would do the same thing...

13. Yea i do commute my school is 15 mins away congrats on not spending thousands of dollars to live on campus 15 mins away huh?And congrats to you too for being a lil douche:hello:

14. right, i guess your just not into the college experience. or your school sucks. sorry i was just trying to figure out the real reason.

15. I say don't worry about some documentary, do your own research and present it, that would be far more effective.

16. I tried man but they just keep saying "you can find positives about anything on the internet" =\

17. their house their rules, op might still be in school, you dont know his situation
    why dont people think before they post

18. I would think that some of the respectable studies out there that have been done would be more reputable than a History Channel program, or The Union. But I guess if video works, go for it.

19. Read this one and decide if it helps;

When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory | gifts for men

Show her Granny's List;

http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

You may want to let them know how long you have been smoking, especially if positive changes, habits or good grades occured. If you have been buzzed in front of them numerous times and they interacted normally with you, you may save that for a last point. Something along the lines of - You may not realize this Mom but we have had numerous conversations (etc) while I have been high. It's not like I turned into a freak while smoking.
    Good Luck! :wave::smoke:

20. I did think, I moved out of my parents house at 16. Got a job, an apartment and enrolled in college. I am now a successful 40 year old with a great life. I don't owe anything to anyone. I know it's hard for some people to leave the nest but, you gotta grow up some time. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just think kids today are soft.