Molotov cocktail thrown at MT dispensary

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Ecliptica, May 10, 2010.

1. anyone elce notice how the report claims it might be rival businesses, thats like a Burgerking shooting out a Mc Donalds.

2. I'd love to be the fireman to put out that fire...or maybe just let it burn.

3. doesnt surprise me at all.

4. When did MT legalize MMJ? How did I miss that?

5. This Guy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBjRDcGMCnM]YouTube - Firefighter gets high[/ame]

6. Its my town too motherfuckers!!!

7. This is simlar to killing abortion doctors. Fighting a supposed sin with more sin.

8. business thats bringing money to the city and taking up an empty store front gets vandalized. This just shows how scared the people are of the truth about marijuana

9. If they don't want their state MMJ laws I will gladly take them.

10. We should also consider the fact that an illegal drug dealer is responsible for this. Legalizing and regulating cuts back significantly on the profit illegal dealers can make.

11. yup. thats why im thinking that the cops did it! well idk that but. it does seem like a bullshit excuse

12. nahh that dude is actually in love with marijuana, burning the shop, getting the whole city high....

13. lol you must have been really high... you practically said a post verbatim from the first page. it must have really stuck in your mind. then when it was time to reply you thought you had a good one. loooool :smoking:

14. I bet it was a bunch of ignorant whitetrash people that did this

15. thats just sad...

16. yep, what I felt too when I heard this. You would think that people in the hardworking, expansive state of Montana are hardworking, earnest people who'd be respectful to other humble folk growing their medicine in accordance with state law in proprietous privacy of their own home. But then someone somewhere has to start a culture war... trying to stigmatize something which doesn't necessarily have any stigma. Who did it? What is it going to accomplish? sigh.

17. "I'm sure they're trying to fuel the fire about (the vote)," he said. "It's more of an attack on the community than anything."

From wikipedia: (emphasis mine)
    Hate crimes (also known as bias-motivated crimes) occur when a perpetrator targets a victim because of his or her perceived membership in a certain social group, usually defined by racial group, religion, sexual orientation, disability, class, ethnicity, nationality, age, gender, gender identity, or political affiliation.

An act of violence to cause fear in a community... doesn't that pretty neatly fit the bill of a hate crime? I think that anyone needing medical marijuana would fit under the protected class of having or having a perceived disability.

Seriously, if this shit happened at a clinic handing out aids drugs, no one would put up with it.

18. I thought there were no suspects

You mean "the possibility" that a drug dealer is responsible

19. Why can't their state of mind die out, prehaps with them and their hate?

20. we passed our inititive in the 2004 elections, but it's just recently (last year or so) become a huge deal because the laws aren't written well at all. The big deal is that we have the Montana Caregivers Network and they have these clinics to get people their MMJ card. The first week or two of each month they go around to major montana cities and all you have to do is bring in some sort of record showing that you have pain and then a doctor will recommend you. Most of the MCN doctors aren't Montana doctors, they are flown in for the week from other states. They also offer teleclinics that you can do over skype, also with out of state doctors.
    The number of people in with cards in Montana has exploded. In June of '08 there were a 1,000 MMJ patients, as of March of '10, there are over 12,000 registered patients now. The laws (Table of Contents, TITLE 50, CHAPTER 46, MCA) are not that clear and that's where a lot of trouble is coming from. It's seriously divided our state and there hasn't been a day in the Helena Independent Record without mention of medical marijuana in months that I've noticed. the 2011 legislature is looking at making some massive changes to the laws. Some are incredibly ridiculous, like Helena's Republican senator Dave Lewis wanting to make it so only one person in the state of Montana is licensed to produce medical marijuana and you can only purchase it through a pharmacist. (Tighter controls sought on medical marijuana) all in all, its a bad idea.
    Medical Marijuana in Montana is extremely interesting right now. I wish I could find a way to become more involved.