mollases

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by edwardvanhalen, May 30, 2009.

1. i know i didnt spell it right but where can i get it, and would i use it throughout the whole grow or just for flowering and flushing , i have no idea about mollasses but keico told me to use it so i need some info

2. The theory about molasses is that many major fertilizer companies use it in their products, and really all they do is slap their label on a jar of molasses and call it fertilizer. It adds carbohydrates to your plants. Some people use molasses in their last watering or 2, some people (like myself) use it all they way through their grow :) It's all up to you. Just make sure you get "Unsulphured" molasses, it'll say it pretty clear on the front label, and you can get it in the same aisle as maple syrup I believe. 1 tablespoon per gallon :)

Good luck!

3. I dont have any molasses right now, so Ive been using dark brown sugar, 1 tbsp per gallon and it seems to work just as well. My buds swell within a day or two, anone else ever use dark brown/brown sugar as a substitute? Its ingredients are sugar and molasses.

4. They say that Blackstrap Molasses is the best, as there are about 4-5 different types of molasses, 1 for every sugar filtration stage, with Blackstrap being at the end of that list with the least amount of sugar in the molasses. So actually it is recommended you try to find molasses with the least amount of sugar in it, and if not that then at least "unsulphured" molasses, if you get sulphured you'll know it by how quick your plants die ;-)

My recommendation: Find a feed store in your area and see of they have blackstrap molasses, as it's used as a supplement for livestock a lot of the time. If not or if you're just on a lazy streak, go down to your local grocery store and pick up a jar of "unsulphured" molasses.

5. You can get it in any grocery store in the section that has syrup, it's only about $4. Just make sure it's unsulfured. You only use it during the budding phase of the plants. I personally use it, and it really does seem to work.

6. That was all the info I needed thanks guys