Molino as a daily driver?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Count Logic, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Sup blades,

Used to toke daily, gave it up for 9 solid months for a job. Now I'm settled back in and looking for a nice inexpensive tube to keep on my desk as a daily driver. I prefer a straight tube but can be swayed, diffusion is a must, and any number of perc's can only help. No taller than 12". I was looking at the Molino Mad Scientist 3.0 v 2. Anyone got any experience with this? I know its got a reputation for weak bases but this will be staying on my computer desk for 98% of its life. Thanks mates.

http://www.grasscity.com/img/products/molino_mad_scientist_v2.jpg

2. #2 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
    I wouldn't get that personally. What's your budget?
    Certain seller on Etsy.com has simple, solid setups for cheap!!
    The "Syn 45mm beaker" 5mm thick tube on ALT for just $110 is a really good deal. Google what's inside the quotation marks and you'll find the site that ALT stands for.
    SSFG(also an abbreviation) on Etsy has some really fantastic deals. Most of their setups cone with a showerhead downstem AND an ice pinch slide! They have straights and beakers, from their "travel tube with diffy" for $40 to slightly taller tubes(all under 16").

3. Don't want to spend more than like 110, I don't need anything particularly heady, just functional. One of my old roommates said I could probably score one of those sweet mini Toro's for that range but I'm doubtful.

4. Not for THAT price LOL

Exactly dude everything j mentioned in my last post is solid, clear simple glass that has a functional attachments.

Check it out dude you'll thank me! You don't need to spend more then 100 on SSFG on Etsy WITH shipping.
    To find what SSFG stands for, Google search " travel tube with diffy etsy " with no quotes and you'll find their shop they have at least 4 different setups In Stock for under $100 each!
    Let me know if you have any questions!

5. i feel like you've posted this sooooo many times today haha......but i agree with you 100% that these are great

6. Word, appreciate the references. I'm actually checking out a few of the tubes on ALT now, there seems to be a lot of good deals.

7. Yes on ALT if you want low priced tubes look at Syn and HVY.

I do sometimes get tired of posting about them but I just love to help out the community here.

8. No no no no! Stay away from the scientist! The pinch in the middle for the perc is WEAK! After having one shipped with a crack in the top chamber, the second one died after it was being placed down on a table. It bumped the table at an angle, and because the stupid thing is so top heavy, it literally just cracked in 2!

The perc is the worst. It's a waste of glass. I made a bunch of homemades, and this was my first glass piece. It hit worse than any perc I've made out of plastic bottles.

If you want a cheap easy clean setup, get a W* little bitch with a W* 3-arm or inline ash catcher. 40cm is perfect 'lap' size. That order with postage, and chuck a GC coupon on it, should be under $100* (or close to it).

9. get a black leaf beaker the all clear one they r beast and only 85 i also have a syn the one nyc talked about but for some reason i lke the black leaf more

10. Lmao $100 isn't expensive. And a micro toro is worth A LOT more than that. Go with the syn?

11. Dude just go with a SYN, Sheldon Black, or something you find off Etsy.

You can get a mini beaker from SYN for $80, Sheldon Black has one (which I highly recommend) for $140, and you can find cheaper ones off Etsy.

If I were you I would spend a little extra and just get a nice Sheldon black tube. You can get a 13" beaker or straight, with a snapper bowl and a shower head down stem for not that much more then your budget. They're classy, well made pieces.

12. or settle on the simple beakers from hvy on alt
    40 bucks or soemthing like that
    then get a simple ashcatcher on grasscity to help support the forums