moles asses

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by DirtyGerman, Feb 13, 2009.

1. So where can I learn the truth Wise one?... You really need to start a thread about MJ and urban legends! Really! +rep!

2. I was looking into auxin's the other day and their effect particularly on root growth which could work wonders for me in veg, much quicker to establish. Seaweed is a fantastic fertilizer, are there any other natural ferts that contain this specific auxin? maybe I didn't catch it but what is the parts per ratio of auxins to seaweed mass?

3. I think it is funny you call me an infant. I know many growers from the Nam era(late 60's - ealry 70's) and they all think they are God's gift to growing and you cannot tell them anything b/c they THINK they know it all. I grow circles around these growers. Experience is a great thing, however if no wisdom is aquired along the many roads of experience, it means squat.

Personally I never stop learning and improving b/c I know the road to true wisdom is a never ending one. Once you think you know everything and are the best, another comes along and humbles you. I have humbled many, and have been humbled myself numerous times.

Here are some pics of my last 8 yrs of work on a Santa Marta Columbian X Arcata Train Wreck. I have worked hard on this cross, as well as the other 5 I presently have. After 8 yrs this is finally stable to the point I feel comfortable with. I have also used an ealrier clone which I allowed to flower for 3 weeks past it's maturity date to get a couple sacks so I could use the pollen on this female and make some primarily female seeds.

Experience is a great thing, but you must never stop learning. Too many growers depend on the seeds banks and other breeders to create their seeds, I have not had to purchase seeds for years b/c I evolved in my growing experience and have created my own seeds, and crosses for almost a decade.

Enjoy.

less

Attached Files:

4. #44 cantharis, Feb 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2009

And I am sure we all do. Going for my biggest yield per plant AND overall in 2009.

5. [​IMG]

6. See, that is what I'm talking about. Never stop leanring and reaching for more. I know a handful of outdoor growers that could not only improve the quality of their finished product, but also could almost double their yields if they would just take a few suggestions....but I'm a kid and they have 10-15 yrs more experience, and they let me know that.

My biggest outdoor single plant yield was a Highland Thai X Oaxacan Mexican it grew to just under 17 ft and gave me just over 38 oz's once dried and cured. I was pretty proud of that. Thinking about doing some clones outdoors this year, nothing big, but maybe a dozen or so scattered among 80-100 acre area. Just in the thought stage right now.

Keep us posted on how this goal works out. I'm always interested when it comes to growing.

less

7. Much Respect, Sir!!
    That is way better than my former best of 26 ounces dried/cured from a single plant (White Widow). I presume that was grown in a prepared hole in the ground??
    OK, I grow in pots, and you have now given me a target for ´09 ---- 40 ounces of dried/cured from a single POT-GROWN plant is my aim for this year. I was looking for a target to beat, you have now kindly provided it!! Thank you. This year will be SO much fun.

8. cantharis would you be interested in a little competition grow?

I will grow in pots, too. 25 US Gallon ones (=~95 Liter)

9. :hello:journal that, one day, prob not this year I will be in that club, till then I want pics.

10. Leapfrog, that would be fun.

11. #51 lessismore, Feb 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2009

I did not grow in pots so to speak, I prepared several plots about 3 ft in diameter and about 4 ft deep and added my own soil mix and such. I used cow manure for veg and bat guano and molasses for flowering. One thing I did do was set the PH of the water. I used some old 5 gl water bottles and kept them in the area of the 5 plants I grew so they would be around the same temp as the plots.

The Thai/Mexi was the biggest producer. I grew 2 different strains, the Thai/Mex and some old school Skunk #1 from some of the old Seed Bank Skunk #1. The 2 skunks gave me 38 oz's combined, the one Thai was 38 oz's and the other was somewhat smaller, about 14 ft, and gave me just under 30 oz's. It was a good year. I had started the plants indoors using flouros and then would set them out back in the morning to adjust to the sun, I then planted them when I felt the weather was safe and they took off.

I'm looking forward to this little friendly comp you and Leap will have going. Who said growing can't be fun too.

less

12. Thanks for the info, Lessismore, I guessed it would be an in the ground grow. Most impressive yield overall and individually. I grow on my roof terrace, so am constrained to pots. But have some big ones for ´09.

13. dude. can you PLEASE post a picture of that

14. I know this is an old post, but I have to call.....Bullshit!
    Molasses feeds the herd, the herd feeds the plant. The plant gets zero sweetness from the sugars.
    Sorry

B61