Moldy weed in jar?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Dontworryaboutme, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Buddy of mine is curing blue cheese auto from fast buds auto and the jar when opened looked smokey like someone blew smoke into the jar.. is it mold or kief ? I'm not sure and need advice. Jar is dusty on the inside and I've never seen anything like it before. 1629857846618.jpg 1629857867658.jpg 1629857878249.jpg 1629858012215.jpg 1629858028557.jpg 1629858043648.jpg

Sent from my 5032W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Jars easily dust inside.
    But those buds look Moldy to me. How does it smell? Can you take a clearer picture ?

3. Smells like mids I use to smoke way back in middle school, smells like weed forsure but not good weed that's forsure. It doesn't smell like mildew or anything but when he opened the jar it was like someone hit a vape and blew it in there then opened it as the dust poured out like smoke, it was smoking like it was lit almost. I know some jars accumulate keif but this was way more than just dust or keif and it didn't smell like any blue cheese auto I've ever smelled before and not in a good way, it smelled like weak weed from circa 2004' sadly... I was there when he was hanging it to dry and the stem cracked when bent but the buds were still moist to the touch and as far as my knowledge he dried it correctly but something wasn't right. I think the bud was too moist when he jarred it up and left the lid on and don't burp it and it molded, atleast that was my assumption anyway. And unfortunately I can't get any more pictures as it's already been trashed. It was approximately 1.5oz :( an unfortunate loss for him but I told him it was better safe than sorry, last thing he or i wants was to get someone sick from mold inhalation. It was best for our conscious to just trash it. Its the first time I have personally seen anything like this and I just told him to trash it and he did. I personally wouldn't smoke it and I don't think he wanted to either so it was just better to loose the crop then gamble with someone's life or health. I came here hoping someone could give me a definite answer but decided to say screw it and trash it. It didn't look moldy like the typical moldy bud pictures on Google but it looked significantly more sparkly than it did before and something just seemed off about it..

4. This is a before clip pic if it helps any, and possibly a better pic or two of the jar. Not sure why my phone blurred the pics but hopefully these help. It's already been trashed but I need answers to point him in the right direction for next time. This isn't our first grow/cure but something went wrong with this one and I atleast wanna know what it was for future reference and piece of mind. IMG_20210806_214015.jpg IMG_20210806_220407.jpg IMG_20210806_220422.jpg 1629858012215.jpg IMG_20210824_221725.jpg IMG_20210824_221757.jpg IMG_20210824_221654.jpg IMG_20210824_221728.jpg

5. I see ! It does not look healthy! I would have thrown it in the fireplace. But I think you can extract it safely. F.ex. dry sift the material or ice-o-lator bubblehash or even make shatter.

I was curious if you thought it smell like ammonia or something like that.
    Good thing that you wanna learn !

6. Pure mold. toss it. Did he even dry it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lol

Sent from my SM-G781U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. That was a serious question....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks bad before harvest. Mold a very good possibility. I personally would toss it and start over. Make sure to sanitize grow area to kill it off completely.

10. That’s mold. Make some edibles or concentrate with it.