Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy Medical Marijuana. PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by falserhythms, Jan 4, 2012.

1. I got an ounce of medical marijuana on friday. It was in a mason jar. I brought it home and put it into my other jar which has an airtight seal. I still had some older stuff so I have been trying to finish that and I have been so busy that I forgot to open the other jar of the new stuff, which was very sticky and moist. So of course today I opened it, removed the top buds, and the bottom was covered with mold. What should I do? The top buds looked okay, you can clearly see mold on the bottom bud, but there were also a bunch of little buds under that that don't really look moldy... but now I'm worried and I can't tell if what I'm seeing is crystals or if it is ALL moldy. I attached three pictures.. one of the mold, one of the top buds that seemed to look okay, and one of the little buds that were at the very bottom, under the big moldy bud. PLEASE help me if you can.. I am only able to get an ounce free every month because there are no dispensaries in Arizona. If I can't save any of this I have to wait until the 1st of February to get my next ounce.

Attached Files:

2. I don't think it's smokeable. But you can salvage it by making QWISO, at least that way you have something to smoke.

3. It's mold, sweety. I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about that. You certainly can't smoke it.

4. I know that I can't smoke the ones that there is obvious mold on. I'm just wondering about the rest.. because like I said what was on top doesn't appear to be moldy. It is still bad since it was in the jar with the other moldy stuff?

5. theres only one way to find out............................

6. I need serious answers. I'm not just smoking to get high this is my medicine.

7. if your at all concerned about your health toss it,if your willing to risk shit than make some hash or smoke it.

8. If a loaf of bread had mold on one side, you wouldn't eat from the other side. (I hope not, you could get very sick).

Same applies here. Don't risk it.

9. #9 m00zix, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
    Return it- demand compensation for being sold moldy marijuana.

Oh, and don't smoke ANY of it. That's not how mold spores work.

10. Inspect the weed that you think is good still. If you honestly believe it looks good, smoke it. I'm sure people have smoked worse things in their life.

I would honestly try to salvage what I could and throw it away.

11. I'm just curios, what happens if you smoke it ? lmfao

12. Make BHO? Make butter/oil? Will that even work?

13. If you see mold on some buds chances are there's millions of spores on every other bud in the jar.

14. Even 'healthy' people can get lung-infections and damage from smoking mold spores.. and when mold is present, those spores are more often than not all over the place, they are not isolated only where the mold is visible.
    If you had herb to spare, I would immediately suggest that you throw it out. :(

But if you really need to salvage it and have at least something from it for medicinal use, or you know for a fact that it could be detrimental to your health if you stop taking your meds cold-turkey, and you have no other options, then I'd suggest making a grain or iso alcohol extraction and concentrate, as others have already mentioned.

The alcohol should help neutralize most, if not all the spores, and for added safety, you can purge the alcohol from your hash extract, by using 185 - 195 f heat in your oven (no higher), with 1) a nearby window cracked, 2) the over-head stove fan going, and 3) an oscillating fan in front of the 4) cracked-open oven door (all four ventilation measures are strongly recommended for safety, don't skip any of them), to prevent pockets of alcohol from forming.

I would personally suggest making edible oil with the resulting concentrate. The acids and beneficial bacteria in your digestive tract are more capable of dealing with potential mold, than the delicate tissues in your lungs. However, purged this way it *should* be rendered safe, or at least much safer, for smoking or vaping.

15. If you don't mind me asking, how do you get an ounce free every month?

I'm an Arizona MMJ patient and trying to pay for college and medication while only working a part-time job and things are pretty tight financially. Sometimes I'm forced to go without medication for a bit and things get rough for a few days until I get paid or find another source of herb.

16. I heard something about if you put it in the oven at 150.. I think, that it kills all the spores. (though they're still visible).

17. i can't "return" it. i dont buy it. but problem solved..im getting a replacement ounce. @floff - what part of AZ are you in? i have a caregiver.

18. Why can't it be returned? I think your best bet is to make hash.

One time, I got 2 ounces that were moldy as fuck. Like, over half of the nugs looked worse or as bad as your moldy nug. Not even close to smoke-able, so I just made hash. I was fuckin flyin'

[​IMG]

19. Looks like spider mites to me.Google it ull see what i mean.

20. Looks like mold to me. Spider mites are nearly invisible to the naked eye, so it can't look like spider mites.