Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy Buds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Orion1189, Apr 1, 2011.

1. #1 Orion1189, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011
    So I just pcked up an hour ago. Got about 3gs for $40. My guy said it was the last of what he had. The thing is, it looks like it may be moldy. White areas on some of the buds, and it smells strange. Looked at it under a 420 scope and it does look like crystals, which is what my guy said it was. I've read that mold looks like spider webs not crystals. I've only picked up from him once before and it was good. Input would be greatly appreciated, cuz if it's mold I def don't wanna smoke it.

[​IMG]

2. MOOLLLDD. Straight MOLD.

Don't msoek it. Make iso hash out of it so it's not a complete waste!

3. Wow really bad...

4. It's scary to think other people your dudeman has sold to, smoked this..

5. Fuck.
    Ew
    QWISO that shit

6. moldd man dont smoke thatt

7. looks moldy, I don't see what's so bad about smoking abit of mold though? Does anyone else who replied to this thread know?

8. #8 coogs, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011

not exactly, but the guy in the last post here makes a good point:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/recreational-marijuana-use/205866-smoking-moldy-weed.html

EDIT: also found this article: http://dope.org/drugs/marijuana/misc/moldy.weed

"CONSUMER CAVEATS
    Immunosuppressed individuals and asthmatics should never be exposed to molds,
    especially _Aspergillus._ People using medical marijuana should take extra
    precautions:

Ungerlerder et al. sterilized marijuana with ethylene oxide, reporting no loss
    of THC from fumigation. These researchers also irradiated their dope with
    high-dose Cobalt 60 (15,000 to 20,000 Gray Units!) with no loss of THC. _This
    method is not recommended for novices._

Moody et al. evaluated waterpipes for smoking _Aspergillus_-contaminated
    marijuana. Unfortunately, they found only a 15% reduction in transmission of
    fungal spores.
    "

so just from that article, im happy to never do it haha

9. eww nasty haha

10. This is why we need legal, GOOD cannabis for everyone. This is fucking disgusting, to think people smoke this is gag worthy.

11. agreed, those stems actually look DISEASED or something :eek: be careful OP

12. thank's for the link dude, but nobody actually explains why it's bad for you. Just like not one single poster on this thread has an actual explanation of why it's bad for you.

Imo, mould is bacteria. Burning bacteria would surely destroy it right? Anyway whatever

13. good point, i have seen (first-hand, in person) people get sick over moldy home-grown tho, feverish sick, so i just wouldnt risk it, wish we had an expert tho :rolleyes:

14. It's not just that -- mold is spores. You don't want spores in your lungs.

15. Thanks for the responses everybody. Contacted my dude and got my money back. Wasn't even the look of the weed that got me, it was the smell. Smelled nasty as shit, like rotting fruit. Picking up an eighth of dank from my good friend later.

16. Look, smell, look again, smoke. That order ;)

17. Damn man that looks like some FIRE too..:mad:

18. Mold is not bacteria, mold is actually part of a completely separate taxonomic kingdom than bacteria, which is Fungi. Mold contains small pores, which grow and multiply on the surface of plant material, and are able to proliferate more efficiently in ideal conditions, such as dark unventilated rooms, moisture is also a factor and mold is able to grow much more productively if the air is damp.

Burning the mold will release more spores than it actually destroys, because either the infected plant matter (which has now been converted into a smoke) will harm your lungs, or other spores inside the bowl will be carried to your lungs without being burned via airflow.

In the long run, its really not smart in any circumstance to smoke moldy weed, even if its your only pickup. If you have an allergic reaction, you could end up in the hospital, or even potentially have spores attached to your lungs which will thrive in the dark, moist conditions.

But in the end, its your call.

19. good post, now that i think about it, in almost every case of smoking you would be sucking air filled with spores into your lungs, which is just bad.

20. thank you brutha +rep