Moldy bud, HELP ASAP

Discussion in 'General' started by inhale, Dec 2, 2005.

1. I posted here instead of the Seasoned Toker's forum because this has more readers at any given time and I need a fast response. I have a few grams of bud which is decaying fast. I see white mold growing on the bud. I guess it was too moist and it was in a dark air tight container for a few days. I inspected it closely today because I smoked yesterday and I felt SICK. I got a fever for a few hours and puked.

I put the bud in a microwave oven at 320F degrees for about 5-8 mins.. THC vaporizes at around 365F I think? -- Anyway now the bud is dry and most of the white mold/fungi that was on it is gone. Now is this safe? Should I keep it in there for more? I don't care if it's a harsh smoke, I want it to safe.

OR! Can I cook this? I heard if you make Cannabutter or Canna-oil, it will extract the THC and leave the mold on the bud, which I will discard. It's about 9g of bud.. before molding it was pretty potent, so if I were to cook this (first off; Would cooking leave me with a mold-free product?), would that be enough bud?

I know mold spreads fast so I gotta decide if I want to cook it *now* or not. The bud smells pretty funky too but I can't put my finger on what it smells like. Sort of like Marijuana + A ruined lemon.

2. toss it man if you want to try it and get sick again go ahead of maybe you have a stupid friend me like its your lucky day smoke a bowl and watch him hah

3. yo sell that shiz to some lil kids they'll buy anything i sold some green i used for green dragon to a kid for 5$ lmao

4. Nah I'm not selling this shit. I don't want to make people sick (it can be fatal even, especially if they are allergic to mold), plus it would turn people away from pot. People will smoke it, get sick and never smoke any pot again.

I am reading a site and this guy says:
    Now he says cooking it will destory any mold, but later on he says "don't EVER eat it." Does he mean don't ingest the uncooked smokable bud? or don't cook w/ moldy bud? I don't get it..

5. *bump* -- Anyone have any advice?

OK fuck it, I'll just cook it. For CannaButter, how many grams of bud would I use and how much water/butter is needed? Most sites use leaves and stems, but kb.

6. Yo cookin w/kill mold

So cannabutter.

7. dude just get a little pan, put 1/4 cup or 1/3 cup of oil in there, simmer it and put your bud in there.. let it simmer for like 15 mins till all bud is black, then put it in a cake mix or brownie mix and bake it

8. The bud is VERY dry now (crumbles if roughed around) because of me putting it in the oven at 320F for 6 minutes. This seems to have killed the mold/fungi.. my house reeks of Marijuana and the bud itself doesn't smell like mold anymore. So is it safe?

As for CannaButter.. I have placed 1/2 stick of butter and 2 cups of water in a pan. It's boiling.. and I am going to put 4g of this dank (at least it WAS dank :(!) into the pan and stir occasionally.

9. make cannabutter with it. and por the butter through a screen or something to filter all the mold out.

toss in some cookies anbd bake, dunno why it would still be bad for you.

10. Where the hell do you get cheesecloth at 3 AM? :)

OK I have the CannaButter in the fridge at the moment. It does as it should, rises above the water and hardens.. creating a stinky layer on top. I am going to heat it again and put it through a cheesecloth when I wake up.

One thing: What can I make that is fast and easy? I'm a bit lazy.. I'm about to just take bites out of this hard layer of CannaButter. Anything I should look for when buying cookie/brownie mix? What about dosage? etc..

11. Is this shit something you bauht or grew. Pot can carry ALL kinds of nasty diseases, some very dangerous. Also im not sure, but i think thc vaporizes a bit lower than that. even if that temp is right, you took it pretty close to the mark. most kitchen devices are notthat accurate, so there is a chance there is little thc left!
    I say dump it! its not worth it. And I respect you for not hurting the kids, they maybe stupid but that doesnt mean you should take advantage of them. That dude thinks hes being cool but its people like that, that give tokers a bad name! Peace -T.Bug

12. Thats not really cool man.... why would you want to get people sick to make yourself 5 bucks? and as stated they could be alergic to mold.... your lame