Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Moldy bud and a Joint

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by BLAZEIK3N, Oct 27, 2007.

1. So this year the harvest was good and i got off with a few grams of some decent weed. Next to that decent few grams I found myself with some moldy bud. Now i know not to smoke moldy bud for health reasons, but i was wondering if it was safe to pick around the moldy buds where no mold showed and possibly roll a joint. Has anyone done this?

2. I personally wouldn't smoke any moldy weed... just to be safe!

3. I wouldnt, Ive heard that mold grows from the inside out and usually by the time you spotted it, its taken over pretty much the whole bud. Mold can do some damage so Id throw it out and take the loss rather than smoke it and get sick.

4. with moldy shit when there's nothing else around and i get desperate, i nuke it and smoke it

5. I don't think that's a good idea. Just toss it, getting really sick isn't worth being high for a little while.

6. what mold outlives a microwave

7. you would think the heat would kill it. (flame)

8. microwaves don't have flames man... i'm buggin out

9. the flame being the lighter

id think that the flame would kill the mold too. but i guess if u lit mold on fire anyway, the smoke/residue/whatever comes off it goes into the air so if you are smokin it... idk

dont risk it

10. i wouldnt trust that. we're talking about a joint. you're pulling spores into your lungs before fire even touches it. you can get respiratory infections and shit....know what fuck it. it's a hypothetical to me. i'd never accept moldy bud, much less not care for it so it gets that way

11. Dont smoke moldy bud EVER. You can die.

If you dont want it to go to waste, cook with it.