Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

moldy bong..?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ferbieToker, Jan 7, 2011.

1. My friend got evicted from his apartment a few weeks ago and the landlord changed the locks so he couldn't get back in. Anyways, there was still a little water in his bong and he hadn't cleaned it before he got evicted. Now hes paid his dues, so we are at his apartment wanting to to toke but it looks like his bong got mold in it from the water/dirt factor. The mold is yellow with a little green in some spots (not weed hah). We are going to clean it (obviously) but we were wondering if soap and hot water would be enough to make it safe to toke out of again if we cleaned it really, really well? I really don't want to smoke any mold residue :p let me know what you think! thanks blades.

peace:bongin:

2. rubbing alchol and salt

3. WOW, hahaha.

I would use iso first, to kill all the germs. Cant go wrong with that stuff.

4. Agreed, and it makes it better if you dump the water after ever session then put brand spanking new water in, nothing beats clean water.

5. Rubbing alcohol (the higher the % the better) and salt work pretty well. Normally you would fill up a bag with enough rubbing alcohol to cover the piece you are trying to clean and add salt until it is just barely saturated and give it a shake. Dunno bout a whole bong tho. I'm guessing the same basic idea would work if u just put it into a bin or sink and cleaned with the solution and a towel.

6. #7 ferbieToker, Jan 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2011
  7. Mold is real tough to clean, I doubt soap and hot water is gonna cut it.

Like others have said, isopropyl + salt is the way to go.

With mold, you're gonna wanna let the isopropyl soak for a few hours first and use a lot of salt when you start shaking it. It might take more than one cleaning to get all the residue out of there.

8. Yeah, that pretty much what I was worrying about :p

9. Rubbing alcohol + salt, and maybe a little mint in your fresh bongwater to add extra freshness :)