Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

moldy bong hit?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by diggitydabbs, Jan 11, 2011.

1. so I was chillin with acouple of my friends tonight and we were passin the bong to and fro, and by the 3rd rotation I noticed his bong had this nasty brownish red stuff growin right about water line and right across from his percolators and what I've heard so far that this is mold. so basically I would like to know if my lungs are gonna have sum gnarly disease now or if it can even be fatal?:confused:

2. WTF? and you still hit it?

3. i just did some research and found this

Moldy Weed | Cannabis Culture Magazine

Anyone who has smoked marijuana more than a couple times has most likely inhaled mold spores from marijuana. That may sound alarming, however its important to remember that you are likely to inhale the same or similar mold spores while taking a walk in the park. The most common type of mold, Aspergillus, occurs naturally in almost everything in nature.

Most mold spores will have little effect on people with normal immune systems. If the mold is bad enough to cause problems, effects are usually respiratory breathing problems and flu like symptoms such as coughing, diarrhea and vomiting but can be more severe in people with other health conditions and/or a poor immune systems.

4. what that's describing seems like a very minute amount though. Dunno but every curing guide says to throw away any moldy bud you see in the curing process. Every guide. Either way, I'd clean it.

5. Time to break out the isopropyl :)

6. sounds more like resin to me dude.

7. my thoughts exactly.
    rude or not; if someone's piece is dirty; i'd bring up a conversation about how to clean it out & such. rude or not. shits just nasty !!!

8. I clean my equipment after every use. All of my friends did it after every second use. Not only does it look better, you generally get a cleaner hit.

If a friend passed me something that looked dirty or mouldy I would not smoke it out of sheer principal

9. I think you'll be fine, but I honestly don't understand why you wouldn't just at least rinse it and let it dry each time. The very least you should do is change the water, but preferably a quick shake with salt and rubbing alcohol. It only takes a couple minutes.

10. yea I kno what you mean, normally i would've noticed it, but It was my first time smokin in bout month and half so I got torched earlier and when it came to the bog i guess I just didnt even notice till it was too late lol. :bongin:

11. thanks man, that info helped me feel alot better!! ahahha