Mold?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KaosTheory, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Sorry to "re-post" this in a different section, but i know theres more foot traffic here then the sick plant section.

Sorry to just post a link, but im doing this from the phone, and its a pain in the ass to copy and paste all the links for pics.

Its moved from one branch, to two branches, and now a third one is getting these big moldy looking patches. All branches are close to each other, and they are not lower branches.

Leaves stay dark green, just curl up.

http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/852181-mold.html

Thanks in advance.

2. Pray its not mold if it is chop the mold parts off pray it doesnt spread. Mold propagates by tiny little spores. Once you have it you can be screwed. If you have a fan on in your grow area most likely those spores are everywhere.

Thats why when they find mold in a vent system they tend to make the whole building look like a Bio warfare zone. The only way to eradicate it is throughly killing everything. My building at work had some mold in the vents and they sealed two floors up and nuked the place with some kind of toxic gas...not to humans though.

Could still be a nute thing though. Check out some guides on it to see.

Cannabis Symptoms by Picture | Growing Marijuana | Grow Weed Easy

3. Also mold usually does not occur unless you have very little ventilation, stagnate air and high humidity. Proper air exchange, moving air, lower humidity are the best defense against mold.

4. Temp right now is 91, and humidity is 35%.

If it was mold it would be on both plants then right? More then likly i would think.

There are two 16in fans, a 9in fan blowing air in the closet, then two smaller 3.5 in fans blowing on the ballast.

So stagnant air shouldnt be the problem.

Didnt have this prob at the old house. Lemme check the air vents.

5. Omfg, why didnt i fucking check the air vents!!!

Master bedroom, living room and dining area are fuckef!

After uploading pics to photob.

I realized i didnt notice cause there allways open...

WHAT IN THE FUCK DO I DO NOW??

Attached Files:

6. The heat could be a issue. Thats pretty darn hot for inside. It should be 20 degrees cooler. Thats why closets suck. They almost suck as bad as a shed to grow in. Move the ballast outside the closet. Humidity is on the low end but fine. I do not think you have a mold issue...you have a heat or nute issue or a heat + nute issue. Good luck.

7. You got mold bro. I would call your landlord as well to tell him. Thats a environmental hazard. You can have serious respiratory issues from mold. You have more then your plant to worry about brother.

Like literally anywhere in the US if mold is discovered thats a condemable uninhabitable building untill its dealt with. I got out of the Marine Corp last year and the fuckers threw us out of building for about 2 months while they destroyed it. Sucked..had to work outside.

8. Other thing to if you can see that mold on your filters. I would bet all through out your vent system in your place you have mold growing.

9. What Do i do with the plants??

I cant just leave the plants here...

Are they still good if i harvest now?

10. LOL thats for you to fiqure out. I dunno what your growing but a good rule of thumb is 60 days of flowering. You can harvest early or maybe during the 12 hours of darkness trash bag them stick them in your truck so you can get your landlord over to check it out.

Honestly though your plants mean nothing on that. We all had some bad respirtory aliments last year which is what caused us to call our Bases Facility Maintance to inspect it. When 10 out of 30 guys that are all under the age of 30 who are in stellar shape get constant lung issues somethings not right..sure enough dreaded black mold.

11. I know iknow, i have two children under 5, one is 5 weeks old...

If its really mold, my setup has gotta come down so they can inspect.

Well that does it.

12. Plants are being chopped tonight, lights and everything are coming down.

We are going to my wifes parents house tonight, and landlord is getting a call in the morning.

Thanks i guess rhapsody

13. Well you might just move the stuff then take down the tent. Your vents are closed looks like its on the vent? Or did you close them for the pictures or are those those vent inserts that you can get to filter there to?

Good luck bub.

14. Jesusfuckinggoddamnchrist.

Texas. Hmmpf.

You can deal with it.
    Just get something to move the air.
    Cut and trash anything that has a hint.:smoke: