Mold

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Malikswann20, May 30, 2023.

1. So I'm pissed part of my harvest has gone moldy my Temps where keep between 65 and 70 I have my air conditioner on timer every 4 hours on every 4 hours off so that's where the between Temps come from so how is this possible then I thought about it when trying to hang my plant dropped into a big dust pan not whole thing just the part where I see the mold could this be where the mold came from its not on all branches that I see 20230529_183229.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Doh! Sorry to hear. I doubt it was due to a drop in a dust pan.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Humidity and air flow are important. The idea is to have constant wind on the plants blowing through the canopy, and to gradually decrease the humidity during the flowering period to avoid problems like these.

For the wind aspect, a simple box fan pointing up in the center of a 3x3 or 4x4 area is perfect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. OK and that's what I did different I figured my ventilation system was enough air transfer I was trying to keep temp laws so I didn't have my fan running so for next time keep fan and ventilation on

5. If you're drying your buds in a humid environment, make sure they aren't sitting in stagnant air.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. are you serious ? what a bummer how much did you end up with? i am afraid i may get mold i have been locking my plantss up at dark time and the humidity get above 80% every day

• Like Like x 1
  7. thats another problem wiiiiiiith growng big budss

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Not sure yet part of the plant is still drying bout it was about half ounce of moldy weed

9. Cure at 60 degrees F, 60% humidity in the dark with a 25 watt UVC light. Plenty of ventilation.
    I put a ventilated box over my UVC light.
    UVC lighting emits a 12 to 14 PH ozone which kills fungi .

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Big buds yes mold usually forms inside . You harvest and dry them . crack one open and MOLD !

• Like Like x 1
  11. You want to research "Botrytis" it is a disease caused by a fungus called Botrytis Cinerea and it occurs in the form of gray mold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. When harvesting the larger buds it's best to chop them down into smaller buds as much as you can, otherwise you are almost guaranteed to have mold develop.

You wanna make sure to have good air circulation as well. Use a fan, don't have it directly pointed at the buds but have it pointed at a wall or circulating just below the buds hanging.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yup, low 60s is the target temp for most cultivation shops, drying at 70 degrees or above is just dangerous. The ideal temperature for mold growth is between 70 and 77 degrees

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Also when curing in jars, some people like to do 62 percent humidity. And I've found that is just to high for long term storage. After about 4 months you start getting a odd smell to the bud and I've been told it's the bud basically starting to ferment.

My last couple of grows when jarring my bud I've been keeping the humidity between 55 and 58 percent. And even after a year in the jars the weed smells just about as good as it did from the start, and it's not to dry and not to wet. Seems to be the sweet spot, for me anyway.

15. 100% agree
    The curing process is just as important as growing IMO

• Like Like x 1
  16. My solution to mold was extra topping. From 8 big tops to 16 smaller tops. Extra topping and an extra fan. I dry in the refrigerator. 8 days hanging then a few weeks in paper sandwich bags, about an ounce to a bag. Then I jar them up and even keep the jars in the fridge.

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's the most important part! You can grow some amazing plants and buds and if the cure goes bad just like that it's all for notta.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I cut a sample bud today and will inspect it tonight I am worried now because my environment is not good and nothing I can do I have to lock them up 12 hours a day in the dark with like 75% humidity IMG_20230601_074955320.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Did you ever get a final dry weight of useable bud from The plant?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hanging in a bathroom? Can you keep a window open and have a fan circulating air in it? Would definitely help.