Mold? Spider webs? Eggs? Help a noob (with pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by eta.aquarii, May 22, 2010.

1. #1 eta.aquarii, May 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2010
    So I woke up today, went to check on my girls and I noticed tiny white flakes on most leaves as well as white hair on a few AND one or two weird yellowy things (last pic).

Hydro grow
    Week 7 of flowering
    Day temp 78 (only for the past few days due to a wave of hot weather)
    RH ~52%

HELP! I'm panicking, I don't wanna fuck this up now after giving them so much love during their lifetime:cry:

Attached Files:

2. I made some more unpleasant discoveries... and i'm totally confused now. :confused: i've been researching all day but i'm still not sure what this is.

I would really appreciate expert advice

Attached Files:

3. I did some looking and found cobweb mold. It looks kind of like your problems, but it seems to be more common for mushroom growers.

http://www.shroomtalk.com/img/cobweb3.jpg

I did find some people with buds that were infected but none were close enough to really tell.

I don't know if this is your problem, but it's a start.

you didn't get cloning gel on your leaves did you? I did that one time and a leaf got kinda hairy. Not that bad though.

4. Does not look like anything you mentioned to me. Spider mites are visible under leaves. And they like to make their web covering tops of buds.

Kinda looks like the fibers of some kind of cloth that make have stuck to the plant somehow. Maybe from a fan blowing or sucking it into the room. the plant seems relatively healthy and you are already pretty deep into flowering.

If you want to be safe, cut the affected leaves. If you start to see more and more of this white stuff everywhere, and its clearly having an effect on the plant, then you known i was wrong.

If your plant does not have much longer to flower then you probably don't have much of a problem at all.

5. #5 eta.aquarii, May 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2010
    I was thinking maybe those tiny white spots under and on the leaves are in fact young spider mites or their eggs, or the 'traces' they left, or whatever, it's hard to tell when you've never seen one.

...but then it struck me - it's just salts! My hydro does splatter a bit. :eek:

I didn't use cloning gel but I do use a root stimulant which, I guess, is similar in a way to cloning/rooting gels?
    I've come to a conclusion that the 'hairy' bits are probably just a bunch of the same hairs you normally see on the leaves.

Thanks guys