Mold resistant Early finishing strain

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by TrapperMcNutt, Feb 13, 2014.

1. #1 TrapperMcNutt, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    Sorry haven't been back since the re-design and can't find the 'search'??

But...I'm looking for a new strain.  One that is mold resistant, and early finishing.  Those are my priorities, after that high yield, bag appeal, low odor.

Any suggestions? I grow in a swamp in the north east us so there can be some hot, humid weather and other variable weather.  I dont visit them often so a hearty, low maintence plant is key.

Thanks for the advice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. So you're asking for the perfect strain for the outdoors in your shitty area.
    Goodluck bud.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 TrapperMcNutt, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    thanks for the goodluck and for clarifying my qeustion for others!!! - yes,  i'm looking for suggestions for a mold resistant, early finishing strain.  there are lots of people growing in similar conditions where humidity is a issue and early finshing is favorable.  so i'd be curious to hear what strains they're enjoying.  some people like to browse forums and read relevant topics and share info.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Church strain by Greenhouse seeds
    Early girl strain

all i got off the top of my head but seriously just google it, i found out some good strains that are similar to what you need because i am in somewhat your condition.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I grew church before where I live which is the northeast. I deal with major mold problem where I grow. By September we get a bunch of rain. Every outdoor grow I did I always dealt with some mold. Church did finish a little early so that helped. This year I'm trying some auto pounder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 Cetyal, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014

Im in your area, and im doing a first time outdoor grow, so i wish luck draws upon me ahah! really hope i don't get what you experienced.
    Since you have experience what are some strains that are good for the area we are in?

• Like Like x 1
  7. female seeds purple maroc is early, it starts flowering in mid august to finish mid/end sept (depending on pheno), very resistant, yields heavy but I found it lacked in potency (I grew 1 femmed seed), I may try more this year as some reports say it's potent enough. I thought it was a 7,5/10 high which is still ok considering the other advantages. 

• Like Like x 1
  8. I grew out TH seeds mendocino madness last season. Finished september 15th with huge rock solid buds. Extremely resistant to mold and bugs. It was my least maintained plant out of all of them but it finished the best. Potency is great. In fact im smoking some of it now and it still gets me loaded and ive been smoking on it since september

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. Also i will add that the mendo madness fits the description of what you want to a T. Finished mid september...check. Mold resistant...check. High yield....definetly check. Low odor...check. Low maintenance...check. Trust me you will love this shit for outdoor. I will not buy around here unless it is better than my mendo from last year. So far since september i havent bought shit bc it just hasnt compared. And thats not biased at all. Everyone i smoke with always asks for some mendo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. purple maroc is a giant early plant, it's a giant auto 6-8ft tall, nirvana sky and flash seeds super autos are 4 months, 5-6 feet. chaze sounds like it might smell strong though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. A.M.S by greenhouse seeds ... never grown it but AMS stands for Anti Mold System .. must be a tuff plant to aquire that name : ) I'm thinking of trying it myself I'm way up north in canada so early frost and mold are a big concern

Sent from my LG-C555 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 Nate489, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014
    Mazar x White Rhino by World of Seeds has a lot of reports of being easy to grow and mold resistant. Im in almost the NE and am growing in a marsh area. Im going to try it out this year

• Like Like x 1
  13. AMS was a lovely plant to the eye. By September when the nights get colder it took on beautiful purple hues. Untopped it takes on a Christmas tree shape with nice branching. The mold resistance is decent, only one or two buds molded. The potency was not impressive, very average low odour with no particular taste, certainly not a pleasure to smoke. Harvested 15th of October and it still wasn't quite ready. I can't recommend for an early finish. I'm at 48°N. The only thing that finished 100% here was green poison fast version from sweet seeds. Very prone to mold tho, so multiple toppings recommended to avoid forming of huge buds where air can't get inside.