Mold problems plz help!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by VTherbguy, Oct 21, 2009.

1. #1 VTherbguy, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
    Hey guys, Im new to grasscity, however I thought this would be the perfect place to get some good feed back on a problem I discovered today.

Basically my buddy and I noticed that alot of the buds that I have atm are under a mold attack. I have been looking around the internet and there seemed to be many negative aspects to this problem. But trashing my weed is not an option for me.
    Yes my weed has already been dried. However I am afraid that it isn't enough, and maybe it has moisture in the bud that was causing the problem.
    I was away for the weekend, and my weed was confined to my room in a box, and the weed was in a few bags.

A lot of my weed isn't molding as well, so i separated that from the molding stuff.

I just need to know if my method for fixing the weed is correct!
    So far what I have done is scrapped off the mold with my fingers, as well as snipped some of it off with scissors.
    Next I took all the processed bud and put it on paper towels on a bed in a bedroom where I could let air flow and for it to dry out some more.
    My next question is, if this does fix the problem how should I properly store it?

I was thinking about putting it in vacuum sealed bags, and then putting it in the fridge or freezer? Or spaced out in mason jars!

Please somone help! I dont want to loose my bud :(:mad::(

Oh and the mold on the bud, looks like THC, at this point its deceiving, however its longer and has little white balls on the end, when I was scraping it off, it sent a white powder into the air.

One more thing as well, this weed is VT outdoor, very good stuff, however it hasn't been trimmed the best, so most of the mold is forming around the access leaves, It seems that it the mold hasn't spread to the bud, or towards the middle of the bud nodes. Thats why I am scraping it off because it seems to remove easily with the leaves.

2. the same thing happened to me with a bit of the weed from my last harvest. i basically did the same thing as you and then i hung them for a week with a fan on them every once in a while. i felt kinda sketchy about smokin it cause it had mold before so i made some kickass brownies. u should do the same if there was a lot of mold or mabye make some hash instead. good luck bro

3. Good news!!! After one night of drying the mold seems to be 100% gone, im gana let it dry for another night or so. It seems I caught the mold before it was to much of a problem. Anyone experiencing the same problem should do what i did, cause it works :D:hello:

4. yeah you always want to make sure the weed is dryed befor you place it in a bag otherwise you end up with mold, i usally leave my nuggets in a papper bag for awhile in my dresser they dry out fine, keep your nugs in a glass jar open it a few times a day to let new air in, it will cure perfect for you, But as for the really moldy nuggets toss them out there no good, the ones with a little mold cut if off and toss it out. You dont want to be smoking moldy nuggets really bad im sure

5. one word... QWISO:hello: