Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Mold probably... Can you please give opinions

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thecreatorst, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Hello everyone.
    So i will try to keep it as short as possible as i am in a very particular situation here.

So some general info.
    I am away from home so i do not have any equipment really except from a grinder.
    I live in a small island for some time for work and this weed is the only i have as things tend to spread around small places and i would not like for that to cause any problems with my work.
    I think i got some moldy weed. Dealer is a great guy and will take it back or refund me if i take it back but with work starting i do not know if i will be able to take some time off.
    Might be worth mentioning that the thing was packed for some time during the trip and seemed packed when i picked it up so could this just be crushed trics?
    I smoked some of it yesterday. Did not realize until a bit after it could be, but up to now no symptoms, like harsh smoke, breathing issues, toilet issues or any of the other effects i have seen people describing.

So firstly i would like for you guys to confirm if the weed i got is moldy. It does have a weird smell but not exactly moldy, or at least not any mold i have ever smelled before. It does smell pretty herbal as well but with something else mixed in that i can not pinpoint.
    It is easy-ish to crumble but i would not say too much, i have had great weed that was over dried and crumbled more.

Sadly i do not have my pocket microscope or w/e they are called so i can not really check myself and i dont think i can differentiate by eye.

I tried taking some pics with my phone and a magnifying glass and i will upload the best results i could get.

Secondly i would like to ask what can be done if this is indeed moldy.

I mean if i am not able to take it back is there a way to save it?
    I would hate to waste money on that weed and remain without it for a long period of time.
    I have heard that turning it to HBO would eliminate the problem. Have never done it before but i am willing to try.
    What about turning it into hash? Would that work ? (alcohol and let it evaporate i guess?)
    Any other solution you might think of? Very desperate and quick answers appreciated greatly as i want to contact the guy as soon as possible so he wont think i am trying to screw him over.

Thank you all in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Mate, your photos don't give a good close up, but I don't see any mold. If you think it's moldy, please contact your dealer right away and get something else. Good luck.

3. What does it look like when you break open a bud?