Mold or trichromes?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Longlasname, May 7, 2016.

1. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg people keep saying yes then no. It looks like white hairs but its even all around the bud. Main cola had mold before i cut it down. Buds did break apart easily when i was trimming.

2. First, let me preface this by saying that this is just an opinion and, we all know that we all have them. But it looks like mold to me. But going by a picture is iffy at best. The biggest clue you give is that your buds broke apart easily when harvesting them. They shouldn't do that...normally. Buds at harvest should be chocked full of resin and sticky as glue and pretty much a globular mass. LOL I'm not real clear by your post about when you noticed it. Was it after harvest and during the cure or was it this way at harvest? The only buds I've ever had to break apart easily were ones that had bud rot....a result of me not paying close enough attention to some plants I was growing outside that were just some extras from my indoor grow. But they would just fall apart in your hand but were rotten from the inside out. This may be something like what you've got going here....but it's just a guess. Sorry. TWW

3. image.png Check out some google images for comparison

4. Not at harvest, it was more trichomes looking with balls. But when i opened up a main cola i found mold for sure, the cobb webb looking one. I also noticed my smart pot and white spots hear and there, althought it was very faint.

5. Wonder if that's white powder mold. If not I think you can make bho or hash oil with it if it's mold (not 100% need to look up.)

Could try this. Video, I had mold one time but it grew in between the bud(so sad so big so nub:(). I get some more input just passing some ideas heh. 2:11 in, he has more videos on you tube look him up cool method.

Learned something new my self heh, uvc light kills mold on the plant heh. Wish I had know that I would of tried it.

6. Thanks for the vid man, but if its mold, i dont even wana try to revive it. I know we inhale it anyways, but it just aint worth it to me. So much for my first grow :thumbsdown:

7. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Thanks for the advice, but yeah this is why i cannot get a definite answer. Some people say yes it is mold, then i google "trichromes or mold" and people have pics of the white looking hairs, and they claim its a cluster of trichomes and says its fire!!

Anyways i noticed it at harvest however it provably happeneded within the last two weeks. I tried to take the clearest pics possible.

8. I don't see anything resembling mold, but the pictures could be clearer.

• Like Like x 2
  9. #10 Bunks, May 10, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
    My very first grow I was pretty proud of myself. I had successfully grown 6 female plants. Each one yielded roughly 2.5-3.5 ounces of cured bud. I hung my plants to dry for a week before trimming and Jarring them into 32 qt Mason jars. I burped them once a day. After A week, 2 of the jars developed mold. I cut my losses and tossed both jars.

Mold is not something to fuck with. Excuse my language. It can have lasting, damaging effects on anyone. Allergies can develop the longer you're exposed to it.

I'm allergic to several kinds of mold, I effing loath mold with such passion that I take zero risks. I love my life, I hope you do too. :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I would blast bud that had mold on it not toss it... I could never toss weed against everything I stand for

11. I did a bit of research and can't find anything relevant on 'blast bud'. What is it?

12. Sorry bro should have worded it better blast it with bho just extracts the thc off of the plant material

13. Thanks Iwanna. I did a bit of research on BHO and it appears to be a viable solution to a mold problem... As long as you filter the stuff through a .2 micron filter. Even then there will still be traces of mold in the oil regardless.

I wouldn't risk it myself, but I can see the appeal to others.