mold? or nute gunk?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Lady3587, Feb 7, 2009.

1. #1 Lady3587, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
    Hey! so im running a drip hydro bucket system and im about a week and ahalf into flowering.

So i checked on the plant today and I noticed that some of the clay balls have like a white gooey stuff on them.....like they had been sitting in water too long you know?

Like......you know how the salts fromthe nutrients sometimes build up on a dripper system?....well it seems like they built up on the actual clay rocks....except imnervous it will get inthe way of my plants health.

Is it just the salts from the nutes? should I just flush them a little bit to get the salts off? Or could it be some sort of fungus or mold? I hope not, i imagine it would be much more of a pain in the keister :(

All help that comes my way is super appreciated!

Check out the pics in this thread to see what im trying to say?
    http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/333962-mold-hydroton.html

Thanks all and keep growing, most stuff i see on here is AWSOME :D

smoke one! :smoke:

2. Oh, my. On the clay pellets. Hummm...Good question. Let me ask around, and I'll get back to you, tomorrow, with, whats up. OK ?

3. could it just be nute build up? Cause I run the pump 24 hours....the stones that have been most severely affected are right under where one of the dripper holes is...??

Thanks a lot White Widow for the concern......im reeeeaaaallly hoping its not some sort of mold or something.....it could hurt my roots right? :(

4. So far I dont see it hurting my plant......but I have been flowering for 2 weeks now and have just started to see the tiny little flowers coming out. Cant tell what kind yet.

No one has any ideas about this yucky gunk?